• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm looking at getting away for the day tomorrow, and would like somewhere nice to visit in Indiana. There was a thread on this very recently, but I can't frickin' find it with this new forum software. Any suggestions, or can anyone find the other thread?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    What are you wanting to do?

My brother is going to Brown County next weekend to ride the bicycle trails with his mountain bike, and go zip lining afterwards.

The following weekend my wife and I are going canoeing at Turkey Run.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Just walk around and see sights I guess. Brown County sounded fun, but we've been there a million times. I thought about Metamora, but not sure if there's enough to do. Have fun at Turkey Run, I was just there hiking today and the suspension bridge is still closed. That won't really affect you I guess, but it bummed me out.

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    My wife and I have been thinking about going to Spring Mill State Park. Looks like there is a variety of things to do around there, and sights to see.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Fiance is terrified of water, so that won't work LOL. Thanks for the suggestion though. Anyone ever taken the train from Connersville to Metamora? Does it run on time? The website says it gets back at 5pm. We have reservations in Indy at 6:30pm and it looks like it's about an hour and a half drive. I worry we'd be cutting it close.

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    If that is part of the Whitewater Valley Railroad Excursion Schedule for 2013 we have taken the kids to the Thomas the Train event. That seemed to run like clockwork, but it was a short run too. We have looked at some of the other trips they have and would like to take the Twilight Limited Train to Dinner. It is run by volunteers, and they seem to take great pride and enjoyment in running the trains.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If you decide to visit Madison, as mentioned above, stop by Clifty Falls State park, nice trails, nice scenery, and the restaurant at the park inn has fried biscuits and apple butter.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Come down to Madison. Old historic town right on the Ohio river. Great shops, great places to get some grub or a brew, friendly people. Stop in Hinkles and get a Hinkle Burger, then skip on down to a bar for a splash of something good, then wander around town.

Lots to do here I suppose, I see tourists here quite often in the summer time as the trolley usually seems to have people on it. Historic home tours, we've got a winery, some museums and stuff. Nice town. Pretty much a post-card town of America.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    My old hometown of Berne is having their Swiss days celebration this weekend, the Berne chamber of commerce has a web site that tells all that they have going on.

Top Bottom