• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Brown County State Park has had horseback riding in the past with rental horses available. I would start there. Nice trails, can get crowded in the Fall.
    The phone number at the saddle barn is (812)988-8166.

Last edited:

StarbaseSSD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Clarksville IN
    If you have your own horses, Brown County is awesome. the whole park is 15000 acres, of which 10000 are accessible to only horsemen. Spent many a summer there in the horsemen campgrounds riding all over creation. South of IN46 on 135, about 3/4 of the way to a little bend in the road called Story.
    Enjoy!

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Just south of Martinsville on 67 there is a privately owned, but open to public camping and riding place. You can stay over night, and ride on the acres available. lots of riding, great trail.s

All_Clear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Turkey runs state park has a horse stable and takes trail rides. Can't bring your own horse though. Just walk trails horse back. If you want feedom with the horse this isn't it. They are trained to take it nice and easy and follow the trail leader. It was fun none the less. Was the first time i rode.

INFO...
    Turkey Run State Park has miles of bridle trails, so you can enjoy guided horseback rides. Inquire at the saddle barn. (Sorry, you can't bring your own horse.)
    While you're at the saddle barn, also ask about hayrides.
    The saddle barn is open from April through October 9am - 5pm (weather permitting). The saddle barn is closed in the winter.
    For more info call the Saddle Barn at (765) 597-2280.

Nathan

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Oh, it's owned by J.W. Jones, and his name 'Jones' is on a big sign with big white fence that runs for a mile or so in both direction before/after the entrance. He keeps his horses there and has them trained n such.

Camping is primitive, place is clean and well kept and there are single horse dirt trails or graveled lanes.

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    i ride almost every weekend!! Salamonie ( in hunington ) is awsome if you want to do some agressive riding ( thats what i like ) no hill to steep to go up or down, you can swim rivers it a good place. there is easy stuff to so anyone can have fun if you go to salamonie let me know and we will meet you there to ride
    we go down to brown county once or twice a year to it is also fun but to far to go all the time we usually have a group of about 30 that go to brown county.
    you have to have your own horses at salamonie though

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you're up for the drive, you can bring your animals down to White Water State Park (South of Liberty...north of Brookville...east of Connorsville).

My wife tells stories of them riding there when she was a child. And they drove down from Bluffton!

-J-

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    we drove down to white water from bluffton also. it is a pretty place. the trails are wide and sandy. it is a great place for beginners. if your looking for big hills and a challange i dont think that is the place to go but for teaching kids or somthing or just relaxing Ya you should check i out.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    pokagen state park is good and run by a friend of mine.

Pokagon Is OK if you can convey to the handlers that "beginner" and "intermediate" are not interchangeable.
    Brown County gets a big plus mark for that for the spousal unit and the mini-unit.

kwalls

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Bargersville
    horseback riding

I had a few friends go to deam lake near henryville indiana last weekend. They said it was realllllly nice and clean. Good trails moderate to easy riding. Would be a good place to get started.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    A good friend of mine rides at Ft Ben in Lawrence, just to get time in the saddle before his elk hunts out west.

angelfire

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    westside indy
    yea i believe you can look up on the net b&o trails they have good horses and trails and they even will teach young ones to ride they are very affordable i took my girls there when i wanted to teach them to ride there place is very nice its just outside of pittsboro and brownsburg if your close this way if not brown county alo is very well known for those activitys

Top Bottom