• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Two people were seriously injured in separate shootings in Indianapolis late Tuesday night.
    A Pizza Hut employee was shot during a robbery on the city's northwest side.
    The shooting happened before at about 10:30 p.m. at the store near Kessler Boulevard and Michigan Road.
    Indianapolis police said Terry Justice, 45, was working alone at the pizza shop when two masked men came inside and pointed semiautomatic handguns at him.
    "The employee was trying to get money out of the register or safe," said Indianapolis police Sgt. Paul Thompson. "He apparently wasn't moving fast enough, at which time one of the suspects shot the victim."
    The robbers then left with the restaurant's cash register.
    Justice was found by another a customer a few minutes later. He was listed in critical condition at Wishard Memorial Hospital, but police said he is expected to survive.
    Officers are also looking for the person who shot a woman Tuesday night on the city's east side.
    That shooting happened before 11 p.m. outside a home near the intersection of East Michigan Street and North Emerson Avenue.
    Police said the woman was walking into the home when she was shot in the back.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Wow....I hope he recovers.
    This is a reminder that you never know when a BG will shoot. Not all of them are out to scare. Some criminals have no regard for human life. You must assume that when a firearm is drawn on you, you are likely to get shot.

Tragic.......

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    WAKE UP PIZZA HUT AND YUM FOODS!!!! THIS IS WHY I BOYCOT YOUR PRODUCTS!!!! BECAUSE YOU FORCE YOUR EMPLOYEES TO BE UNARMED!!!! How many of your employees need to die until you change your unconstitutional policy of NO CARRY in the workplace???? DUMB ACE CORPORATE DUSCH BAGS!!!!!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh but E5Ranger375 it's so much better for the "bottom line" to not have to worry about lawsuits and besides it's just one min. wage worker that we lost. Put up the "HIRING" sign again and I'm sure we can get someone else to replace them. It's not like that employee is going to sue us (PH) for not providing proper security or allowing them to defend themselves.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    How ironic that this happened right in the wake of .....Pizza Hut firing an employee after he shot a robber, who was threatening the lives of his fellow employee! Isn't the answer to the problem obvious to Pizza Hut? :dunno: Guess not. :rolleyes:

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    If the robber that got shot sues, I'm afraid that one will cost PH more. I can't see any court awarding damages above medical/death benefits to the Guy that did what he was told. I don't like it, but there's nothing that the company could have done to stop a dirtbag bent on doing harm (sounds kinda like the reason many of us oppose restrictions on civilian carry) but they could be seen as mildly negligent in not detecting or enforcing violations of their no weapons policy. What a world we live in.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If the robber that got shot sues, I'm afraid that one will cost PH more. I can't see any court awarding damages above medical/death benefits to the Guy that did what he was told. I don't like it, but there's nothing that the company could have done to stop a dirtbag bent on doing harm (sounds kinda like the reason many of us oppose restrictions on civilian carry) but they could be seen as mildly negligent in not detecting or enforcing violations of their no weapons policy. What a world we live in.

Bubba, as much as I hate to admit it, you are right. I would like to think that a jury would not award damages to someone trying to rob a person or a store, but we've all seen too many examples of jury's awarding damages under similar circumstances. I think jurors watch too much television and should use common sense.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Wow... And people were trying to say that nobody could possibly be inured if the employee does what the robber wants... FALSE!!!!!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    LAWLZ @ Pizza Hut.

They fired that guy who actually DID prevent a robbery.

Now that people are toeing the line, their employees are paying the price.

To hell with Pizza Hut.

Asinine, the lot of it.

Hope the guy heals up.

Rabÿros

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Zionsville
    I'm a driver for Papa John's, their policy is the same as Pizza Hut's. But i keep a glock in my car so I can carry it whenever I need to take any shady deliveries. I can see the liability problem with allowing employees to carry. But for Pizza Hut to fire the guy for defending himself...

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    A Papa Johns delivery driver up here in my own town was shot almost lethally, had he had a pistol, it might not have happened, but yet ppl still argue and say u shouldnt have a gun, no need to carry a gun, why would u need one, its reasons like that why i own a gun, i work security in a mall thats not in the best part of town, and if a guy deliverin a pizza gets shot and nearly killed, why would i not want to have one, and im done

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    :ugh:
    without thinking I stopped at Taco bell and got a salad tonight.

When I read this today I swore I wouldn't eat at Yum companies again.

Top Bottom