• Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Security Video Footage Here:
    MyFox Dallas | Graphic Video: Pizza Clerk Takes down Suspected Robber

DENTON, Texas -- Denton police said a man attempted to rob a pizza restaurant Friday night, but one of the store's employees fought back and then three citizens stepped in to make sure the suspect and his accomplices went to jail.

Police said Benjamin Ramirez, 41, walked into the Pizza Patron in the 100 block of E. University Drive around 10:30 p.m.

Ramirez was wearing a wig and dark sunglasses and was carrying what appeared to be a silver handgun, police said.

Speaking in Spanish, Ramirez told the clerk "give me the money" and then slapped the worker in the face, according to investigators.

The clerk, 17-year-old Rudy Sandoval, said he was going to give the suspect the money but decided to fight back when he got slapped.

"I ran up on him right here," Sandoval said as he described the fight. "I just stuck him two or three good times right here. He just dropped right there and started snoring."

Ramirez was passed out for several minutes but regained consciousness and was able to get up and run from the restaurant.

That's when someone passing by outside realized something was wrong and started chasing the suspect on foot.

Ramirez got into a black pickup truck where his two alleged accomplices were waiting, but the passerby didn't give up.

He convinced the occupants of a nearby vehicle to follow the suspects. They were able to give police a location and officers were quickly on the scene.

Police arrested Ramirez, Jose Martinez, 26, and Sonia Palacios, 38.

Ramirez' weapon turned out to be a toy.

The suspects are charged with aggravated robbery and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Police said they don't recommend doing what Sandoval did especially when you believe a suspect is armed but they are grateful to the citizens who helped.

"Four different citizens helped out in this situation," said Officer Jim Bryan, Denton Police Department. "We were able to get him into custody in about fifteen minutes."

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    how about.. lock the door?

I locked my keys outside my car once. I started to worry when the temperature started building because the windows were rolled up. Fortunately, I was in my driveway and my daughter saw me and unlocked the door for me.

The moral of the story: Always keep a portable air conditioner in the car.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I locked my keys outside my car once. I started to worry when the temperature started building because the windows were rolled up. Fortunately, I was in my driveway and my daughter saw me and unlocked the door for me.

The moral of the story: Always keep a portable air conditioner in the car.
    How exactly does one lock their keys OUT of their car?

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Let me guess, you have armored glass between the front and back seats. And the Child door locks were enabled when you got in the back. ;)

I think Spas. Might have done that on purpose..... likely with good reason.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

He does "intelligent" things like this all the time. That's why I love him. The batteries in his garage door opener appear to be running low. I'm not sure how he's going to park his car in the garage once they quit working all together.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    He does "intelligent" things like this all the time. That's why I love him. The batteries in his garage door opener appear to be running low. I'm not sure how he's going to park his car in the garage once they quit working all together.

Obviously I'm going to have to remove the door.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South

I was walking out of a store a couple years ago. There was a young lady continuously pressing her car remote. I asked if she had a problem and she mentioned that her remote had been "acting up" and "doesn't seem to be working." She is worried that she couldn't get into her car. I ask if I could try and she hands over the keys. I put the key in the door and unlock it. Her reply just made me laugh: "Oh, $#!t. I forgot that still worked." I showed her how to change the battery and told her where to get one.

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    What I would like to know, is after the clerk handed the guy's ass to him on a plate, why did the other clerk grab him and both of them retreat, rather than keep the asswad under control?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I heard on the radio this morning that the guy was the father of a female employee. He, and her mother and step-father were also arrested for planning the robbery. They don't believe she knew about them robbing her place of employment.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I heard on the radio this morning that the guy was the father of a female employee. He, and her mother and step-father were also arrested for planning the robbery. They don't believe she knew about them robbing her place of employment.

exactly, that was on the news last night. The female clerk wasn't aware that it was her father robbing them until he got his wig knocked off and lights put out.

Top Bottom