Pistol in 9mm with a red dot and threaded barrel?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I ended up ordering a Staccato CS 2011. 15+1, compact frame and slide. Should make for a high higher capacity conceal carry weapon. Throwing the threaded barrel and red dot on my p226 for home defense.

Please let us know what you think, been looking at the CS's online but have yet to see one in person yet. Should be an awesome shooter!

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    Congrats on the CS - eagerly awaiting your impressions.

Going with the dot and suppressor on the P226 should be a fun project. Have you given any thought to who you're going to have do the milling, and what optic you're going for? You have plenty of time to noodle that stuff out, unless you have the suppressor in hand already, Form 4 times are LONG - like 9-10 months for e-filing.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Congrats on the CS - eagerly awaiting your impressions.

Going with the dot and suppressor on the P226 should be a fun project. Have you given any thought to who you're going to have do the milling, and what optic you're going for? You have plenty of time to noodle that stuff out, unless you have the suppressor in hand already, Form 4 times are LONG - like 9-10 months for e-filing.
    The suppressor will be at Parabellum until my form clears. I can at least put some rounds through it there / get used to using it.

I ended up ordering a p226 rxp slide that comes with the Sig Romeo1Pro already attached. I’ll probably have it drilled for an RMR bolt pattern if the Romeo ever fails.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Im seeing ammo alot cheaper then that.
    Enough so that Im thinking about buying a 9mm 1911 or 2011.
    One of the reasons I got into reloading was the high price of 44mag and my hunting rifle at that time 7.7jap both expensive 7.7jap almost impossible to find so I made my rounds from 30-06 brass.
    Now days 45acp 10mm etc are just about as expensive to buy so reloading keeps it cheap thus allowing me to enjoy the more expensive calibers.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    One of the reasons I got into reloading was the high price of 44mag and my hunting rifle at that time 7.7jap both expensive 7.7jap almost impossible to find so I made my rounds from 30-06 brass.
    Now days 45acp 10mm etc are just about as expensive to buy so reloading keeps it cheap thus allowing me to enjoy the more expensive calibers.
    Back when I started reloading 45 acp was still pretty cheap considering. Now … reloading saves a lot.

Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I’m not wanting to argue the merits of using a suppressed weapon for home defense - but that would be one of my primary goals. I would prefer to reduce as much as possible any permanent hearing loss should I have to fire a firearm within an enclosed structure without hearing protection.

Ideally I would have the time and foresight to put on my electronic hearing protection and to turn it on - but that won’t help anyone else in the building such as my family from suffering hearing loss.

Historically I’ve seen lots of arguments on either side of that.

Beyond that - I have fun going pew pew at the range regardless.
    I had a negligent discharge in my kitchen one time, your hearing comes back really quickly. Lol

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Yes I have been a reloader for 40+ years.
    But if you where not hoarding stuff,buying stuff at todays prices really cost lots more.
    I have bricks of primers that have the price tag on them and lets just say it was under $9.99 per 1000. lol

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yes I have been a reloader for 40+ years.
    But if you where not hoarding stuff,buying stuff at todays prices really cost lots more.
    I have bricks of primers that have the price tag on them and lets just say it was under $9.99 per 1000. lol
    I have a stockpile of several thousand SPP, LPP, and SRP. That said when those run out …. Ugh.

sethr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2017
    Putnam County
    I’m not wanting to argue the merits of using a suppressed weapon for home defense - but that would be one of my primary goals. I would prefer to reduce as much as possible any permanent hearing loss should I have to fire a firearm within an enclosed structure without hearing protection.

Ideally I would have the time and foresight to put on my electronic hearing protection and to turn it on - but that won’t help anyone else in the building such as my family from suffering hearing loss.

Historically I’ve seen lots of arguments on either side of that.

Beyond that - I have fun going pew pew at the range regardless.
    Hearing loss on a home defense shoot? LOL Spend all of that money over a home defense noise level is nuts. Life loss is the issue then!

mousegun87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mead
    Hello!

I’ve decided I want a silenced pistol. I was initially considering silencing my Sig p226 9mm and simply installing some taller sights on it.

I’ve decided that I would rather go all in on a new pistol. I’m looking for something with a red dot and iron sights that can cowitness. Obviously I need a threaded barrel as well.

I’m partial to Wilson Combat and Sig Sauer just because I’ve never had issues with any of my firearms from either brand but I’m open to anything that’s well made, reliable, and backed by a good manufacturer.

I’m ideally wanting a silencer that is user serviceable and I understand it’s mostly rifle silencers that are serviceable.

The Sig p226 Zev looks great but I’m not sure how easy it would be to get one. There are several other firearms I’ve looked at that would be great but no threaded barrel options.

I would like to stick to 9mm although I’m open to 45acp.

I’m hoping some of you with more experience / that know what is available and out there might have some suggestions I haven’t thought of.

For example I wouldn’t be opposed to having my current 226 modified to accept a red dot but I figure that it’s probably easier to get a new slide or a whole new firearm that accepts a red dot.

If I got a new slide and barrel for the p226 I could conceivably convert it between red dot and silenced, red dot not silenced, and no dot and not silenced.
    PSA Dagger is available with threaded barrel and RMR or Docter cut slide.

Top Bottom