• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The Congressional Research Service estimates there are 10,000,000 to 40,000,000 braces around.
    AFT estimates there are 3,000,000 to 7,000,000 braces in circulation.

So somebody doesn't estimate very well.

70catalina

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2020
    Avon
    Not sure if this has been asked/answered does anyone know if/how this applies to an ar22 pistol? Is it illegal to keep the brace without registering? Could it just be removed?(as a buffer tube isn't needed) Tia

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not sure if this has been asked/answered does anyone know if/how this applies to an ar22 pistol? Is it illegal to keep the brace without registering? Could it just be removed?(as a buffer tube isn't needed) Tia
    As I understand it, remove the brace and the pistol is no longer a NFA item and is just as much a pistol as a Glock 19 is.

having the brace but not attached could possibly be considered constructive possession since you have the means to make a NFA item easily. (IANAL)

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    As I understand it, remove the brace and the pistol is no longer a NFA item and is just as much a pistol as a Glock 19 is.

having the brace but not attached could possibly be considered constructive possession since you have the means to make a NFA item easily. (IANAL)
    The head of the AFT (sic, and sick) said to Congress they will not prosecute for "constructive possession". I saved the video of that testimony.

NOT that I believe the rat (REDACTED) for a single moment, but in a just world, that should be a valid legal defense for defendants.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The head of the AFT (sic, and sick) said to Congress they will not prosecute for "constructive possession". I saved the video of that testimony.

NOT that I believe the rat (REDACTED) for a single moment, but in a just world, that should be a valid legal defense for defendants.
    They are allowed to change their minds. Just look at their past. :dunno:

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    If you join one or two 2A defense groups as a member, you're covered under the injunction vs the enforcement of the pistol brace "rule".

I may or may not have brought an item that may or may not be "prohibited" to a public gun range and didn't worry about it.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    They are allowed to change their minds. Just look at their past. :dunno:
    Oh, I know. I actually thought it was stupid they said "AR braced weapons" were "pistols" when they said it years ago. I figured "well, they can just change their mind back, right?"

But then I thought "It's been over a decade, they CAN'T change their mind now, after the horse is out of the barn, right?"

So OF COURSE, THREE FLIPPIN' DAYS after I took possession of one, they indeed changed their so-called mind.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What they might charge you with is subjective. Depends on how any of the law enforcement up the line wants to make a case of you.

If the prosecutor needs a case to push their anti-gun agenda, it might be you. Same for the policing agency or even an individual officer. Whether it's agenda driven or just newbie CYA, erring on the side of arresting, it might be you.

What can literally cost you your complete worth in legal fees, cost them nothing.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you join one or two 2A defense groups as a member, you're covered under the injunction vs the enforcement of the pistol brace "rule".

I may or may not have brought an item that may or may not be "prohibited" to a public gun range and didn't worry about it.
    I dont need my braces so I shipped the offensive bits of plastic off to a trusted family member who doesnt own any long guns while things get sorted out.

I'm too pretty for prison. :):

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I’m supposedly covered by the injunction. I’ve seriously been thinking about bringing a braced pistol to Friday Night Steel at Marion County Fish and Game but I’m afraid it will go on a rampage and kill me and everyone in my squad. At least that’s what I’ve heard happens when you put a brace on a pistol. So for now they are kept far, far apart. For the children!

70catalina

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2020
    Avon

Thanks for the info

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I’m supposedly covered by the injunction. I’ve seriously been thinking about bringing a braced pistol to Friday Night Steel at Marion County Fish and Game but I’m afraid it will go on a rampage and kill me and everyone in my squad. At least that’s what I’ve heard happens when you put a brace on a pistol. So for now they are kept far, far apart. For the children!
    You have children on your squad?!?
    No wonder you’re not winning!

Top Bottom