• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Those things are so dumb. I can’t believe any gun owner would waste their money on them.

People w/ legit disabilities, who may soon have to register their AR pistol because of this asinine BS, will beg to differ.

And I hope the rest of us don’t feel the same way when the ATF tries to come after whatever it is you own:

First They Came For
    by Martin Niemöller

In Germany, first they came for the communists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
    Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
    Then they came for the Catholics,
    and I didn't speak out because I was Protestant.
    Then they came for me
    and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Lots of allegories like this out there. Keep that in mind…

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    People w/ legit disabilities, who may soon have to register their AR pistol because of this asinine BS, will beg to differ.

And I hope the rest of us don’t feel the same way when the ATF tries to come after whatever it is you own:

First They Came For
    by Martin Niemöller

In Germany, first they came for the communists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
    Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
    Then they came for the Catholics,
    and I didn't speak out because I was Protestant.
    Then they came for me
    and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Lots of allegories like this out there. Keep that in mind…
    I think you missed the point of where this thread was heading. Re-read the first three responses.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I think you missed the point of where this thread was heading. Re-read the first three responses.

I got it. But with enforcement right around the corner, I guess I feel the time for little jokes is past. If we keep turning a blind eye to what the ATF is doing (“boating accident/buried them/what’s that?”), then they’ll keep doing it. People will own the banned items right up until their door gets kicked in and they can’t own anything. I guess I’m just frustrated at how unchecked the ATF is these days, and little has been done to change that. Having a rough morning, so I chose not to play along. Sorry I’m a bit of a sourpuss this morning, carry on!

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I personally think ATF has shot their foot with this one. They say that only 2-3 million of these exist when I see sales figures that point to well over 20 million.

It begs the question, at what point does it become common use?

Additionally with ATF already pushing paper form waits back well over 1 year at what point does the concept of “a right denied is a right delayed” come into play?

If even 10% comply it’s going to cause a complete gridlock with poorly filled out form 1 forms.

Maybe one of the legal beagles will come along and correct me but I think ATF has set a ball on the tee for the next case to strike a home run.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Another thought is post the West Virginia v epa case how can atf think that they can ban something without strict congressional approval.

I know many here probably haven’t heard of that case but it was a challenge to epa’s attempt to regulate coal power plants out of existence. West Virginia won with the majority saying something to the effect of, the epa doesn’t have congressional authority to regulate something out of existence by way of monetary penalties.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I personally think ATF has shot their foot with this one. They say that only 2-3 million of these exist when I see sales figures that point to well over 20 million.

It begs the question, at what point does it become common use?

Additionally with ATF already pushing paper form waits back well over 1 year at what point does the concept of “a right denied is a right delayed” come into play?

If even 10% comply it’s going to cause a complete gridlock with poorly filled out form 1 forms.

Maybe one of the legal beagles will come along and correct me but I think ATF has set a ball on the tee for the next case to strike a home run.
    How many bump stocks were turned in. And most people saw those as range toys. They were only upset at the give an inch thing. Braces are extremely more common. Manufactures even ship weapons with braces.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Sounds like a pretty good place to stand our ground. Ianal, but this feels like a strong legal case in our favor. Might as well dig our heels in and make them come for them, or see them in court.

Just spitballin here of course.
    ex post facto
    They did say it was legal then reversed that, and now say it's illegal.
    Clause 3 of Article I, Section 9 of the United States Constitution

The sentiment that ex post facto laws are against natural right is so strong in the United States, that few, if any, of the State constitutions have failed to proscribe them. ...The federal constitution indeed interdicts them in criminal cases only; but they are equally unjust in civil as in criminal cases, and the omission of a caution which would have been right, does not justify the doing what is wrong. Nor ought it to be presumed that the legislature meant to use a phrase in an unjustifiable sense, if by rules of construction it can be ever strained to what is just.

— Thomas Jefferson

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So after you send in a photo and file for the SBR and are approved can you take the brace off and put a normal buttstock and buffer tube on? Or are you stuck with the brace forever?
    Not a lawyer but sending in a photo of what the government is planning on considering a felony seems like a terrible idea.

I mean, I’m sure they wouldn’t use that photo against you to charge you with possession of an unregistered sbr later whenever they decide to.

Top Bottom