• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not a lawyer but sending in a photo of what the government is planning on considering a felony seems like a terrible idea.

I mean, I’m sure they wouldn’t use that photo against you to charge you with possession of an unregistered sbr later whenever they decide to.
    To take part of this amnesty it's required.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Risk felony charges for a free 200 dollar tax stamp? Ya no thanks. Anyone who admits to a felony for a free stamp deserves the consequences they get.
    I really think if that's the angle they're pushing there will be severe consequences that they even know they won't be able to deal with.

I don't think they're THAT stupid. They'll get half of their enforcement team shot at after word gets out of the first few people's handcuffs go on.

Entrapment on the level of millions would be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    LOL, yeah, the government has always had to pay a price for pulling shady ****...
    Maybe we can all stamp our foot at the same time.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    To take part of this amnesty it's required.

To me it sounds like a way to coerce people to send the ATF claiming ownership of an AR15, which they could easily use when they decide to ban AR15s.

They'd have a current list of people of people who willingly gave their info up, so they'd know who to go after, where they live, and a picture of the rifle the owner admitted to owning.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I'm not a conspiracy guy but....
    Most people who own a pistol/brace/SBR are not casual gun owners. Not the grandpaw with a .38 in the nightstand. Are they really compiling a list of the people that need rounded up first when that day comes to institute a grand plan. Get the hard core gun guys first? Then work your way down to the fuds

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Not a lawyer but sending in a photo of what the government is planning on considering a felony seems like a terrible idea.

I mean, I’m sure they wouldn’t use that photo against you to charge you with possession of an unregistered sbr later whenever they decide to.
    That's what I was thinking when I saw they required a photo. If they deny you, then they can come confiscate it and/or arrest you for an unregistered SBR.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I really think if that's the angle they're pushing there will be severe consequences that they even know they won't be able to deal with.

I don't think they're THAT stupid. They'll get half of their enforcement team shot at after word gets out of the first few people's handcuffs go on.

Entrapment on the level of millions would be the straw that breaks the camels back.
    They’ll just start doing administrative penalties instead of sending in door kickers.

*ring* hello mr brace owner. We know you have one. Oh, say hi to your son Timmy. He’s with us. We picked him up from school. To get him back, please bring your illegal weapon in a case to _________. Oh, and your neighbor Jim will be joining us too to bring us his if you want to carpool. He doesn’t have any kids so we have frozen all of his accounts. “

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    They’ll just start doing administrative penalties instead of sending in door kickers.

*ring* hello mr brace owner. We know you have one. Oh, say hi to your son Timmy. He’s with us. We picked him up from school. To get him back, please bring your illegal weapon in a case to _________. Oh, and your neighbor Jim will be joining us too to bring us his if you want to carpool. He doesn’t have any kids so we have frozen all of his accounts. “
    I think that would also have the same effect I'm thinking.

Coming out with this and flipping the script if you try to comply and making you simply forfeit it would literally make it game on for so many people itching for a reason for it to start

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think that would also have the same effect I'm thinking.

Coming out with this and flipping the script if you try to comply and making you simply forfeit it would literally make it game on for so many people itching for a reason for it to start
    But this way they are at a disadvantage because they aren’t on the home turf. It strikes me as less risky for the guy to roll up to a group of highly armed officers and pile out guns a blazing. Not being home might blunt the feeling of needing to protect what’s yours on your home turf.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    What are the chances this get pulled back? Other than registering their gun are there other choices? Or is registration the only choice? Seems to me like entrapment and making citizens enemies of the state.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I see a lot of these turning into rifles overnight if this does happen to pass. Throw a proper stock on, longer barrel, done. What happens to the brace after that, who knows? No pics mailed to the feds, no register, no pistol/sbr.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I see a lot of these turning into rifles overnight if this does happen to pass. Throw a proper stock on, longer barrel, done. What happens to the brace after that, who knows? No pics mailed to the feds, no register, no pistol/sbr.
    A lot of barrels, stocks and gas/buffer systems will be needed for this.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Some of us have already purchased what we need knowing there will likely be a run on them.
    Just looking to see where everyone is at on this. But if this comes to pass, is the majority of the 20-40 million brace owners going to concede this fight?

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    You paranoid guys would have passed on the 1968 MG amnesty as well.

To keep the photo from being used as evidence it should show the upper adjacent to but not attached to the lower half. It would be a good idea if the barrel were actually a black painted pine dowel.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

To keep the photo from being used as evidence it should show the upper adjacent to but not attached to the lower half. It would be a good idea if the barrel were actually a black painted pine dowel.
    Maybe a cardboard cutout!
    If everyone flooded the ATF with pictures out of gun magazines..wonder what they'd do?

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis

The difference is if you want to get a tax stamp for an sbr you can file a form 1 and pay your 200 all while not admitting to a felony.

That’s what makes this different from the 68 amnesty.

Top Bottom