• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    That's pretty cool! As somewhat of a camera geek, I wonder how many shutter acuations he has taken to get those 12 or however many it was pics?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Same thing I noticed. That flash gap really spits fire!

Which is why you don't want your fingers near it!

who knows how many dozens upon dozens of folks have been cut by the gasses of revolvers. A "normal" .357 may not cut the skin of a normal healthy in-his-prime adult male's hand - but it certainly CAN. Anything above .357 mag (with .44 Special being a possible exception?) will generally cut a fool.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    That's pretty cool! As somewhat of a camera geek, I wonder how many shutter acuations he has taken to get those 12 or however many it was pics?

Most photos like those are not taken like you might think. They're taken in darkness with the shutter open or using a very slow shutter speed. Then they use very expensive strobes that have a very, very short duration time for the flash. Much shorter than a conventional camera flash. The quick flash of light is what captures and freezes the action.

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    Most photos like those are not taken like you might think. They're taken in darkness with the shutter open or using a very slow shutter speed. Then they use very expensive strobes that have a very, very short duration time for the flash. Much shorter than a conventional camera flash. The quick flash of light is what captures and freezes the action.
    This!!

I studied the technique and took photos with the pioneer of synchro ballistic photography in college as part of my degree. Nothing like being in a 100% dark room shooting a rifle with a 10,000 volt arc snapping off between electrodes. The "flash" going off was much louder than the rifle report.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    very cool... I might make one of those pics my desktop pic
    (but then my wife would get mad that it's not the family pic... so maybe splitscreen:) )

Top Bottom