Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I noticed recently that my neighbor's pond shows up on Elevate GIS but does not yet show up on Google maps. I plan to look at the Schneider website here in a minute.

Edit: He had that pond dug within the last 18 months or so.
    It's all based on which satellite data they purchased. My counties GIS just updated to 2023 data, but also shows 2018 and 2013 layers.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    I use Beacon Schneider quite often. I used it several years ago to show a neighboring farmer that he was over the property lines by 20-30 feet in some areas and he didn't realize it and he had me flag it off so that he knew where the property line was and that was the end of it.

For current pictures of our farm I use a drone

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    It's all based on which satellite data they purchased. My counties GIS just updated to 2023 data, but also shows 2018 and 2013 layers.
    Just checked my county map, Vermillion and it ha been recently updated. It now shows our house we put up and moved into March 14 2020 instead of the former vacant lot.
    A long time resident friend of mine told me the Zoning Commission lady checks those maps for construction done by property owners that did not get building permits. There is one property not far out of town next to the river and in a flood plain that had legal problems for years. The owner decided to put up a building and did not get the building permit and the zoning woman just happened to be driving behind the concrete truck.
    Building in a flood plain is hard to do anyway and only certain things can be done legally. That property has two buildings grandfathered in being built before zoning. I have seen them flooded a couple times in the years we have been here. Jim.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    FYI - almost all of these GIS pages come with a caveat that the property lines shown on them cannot be relied upon for legal property line uses. They can get close; but they're not always precise.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    FYI - almost all of these GIS pages come with a caveat that the property lines shown on them cannot be relied upon for legal property line uses. They can get close; but they're not always never precise.
    FIFY. For precision you need two dudes, a transit/GPS, and some stakes. (

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    FYI - almost all of these GIS pages come with a caveat that the property lines shown on them cannot be relied upon for legal property line uses. They can get close; but they're not always precise.
    Like my old subdivision...the property lines overlay was showing up in the middle of the house, not in the yard between the houses.

Top Bottom