• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shark29er

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    So in the last week or so I have recieved 2 calls asking me to participate in polls. I am on the no call list, but I was pretty interested because I wanted to figure out what they were looking for.

They mentioned healthcare... but that was it.

They started with asking me about a bunch of stuff, but mostly my political activity. How often do you read newspapers? Are you a member of a non-for profit? do you participate in your community? did you donate to a political party or candidate? have you been elected or have you participated in an election?--you get the idea. The first time, I answered totally truthfully and then he says essentially "well, you have fallen into a category that is already full, so thanks, but no thanks, we don't need you to go further" I asked some questions about that, like, what did he mean by "category was already full?" and it was obvious that he really didn't know much more than what was on his screen.

So I just made a mental note about it, and sure enough, yesterday got another call. Same questions, but I changed my answers just a little, and got to the next level. I am thinking, "cool" I'm gonna figure out where they are going with this. This person then starts asking if I know of the following companies, and then proceeds to ask if I know of about 30 different "Big Pharma" companies, Merck, Abbot, Lilly,etc. I told the truth which was that I did know, probably 85% of the names she listed. At the end of that she said again, "you answers indicated you fall in to a category that is already full." I started to ask questions, but she was pretty quick to get off the phone after that.

The most nefarious thing that I can figure is that they are trying to get to people who know nothing and then they only want those people to answer healthcare questions regarding the new governement healthcare program. I am sure there are other reasons, but I thought I'd throw it out to you folks.
    Any thoughts?
    thanks
    CB

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    How do you think the leftists are suddenly getting polls that say they have big support for Socialized medicine?

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    the no call list i believe just applies to salesmen. you can still get not for profit fundraiser calls i believe and polls

ive gotten polled a few weeks ago asking about the healthcare issue, also on the do not call list.

my mother was also told "your catagory is also full, we dont need your info" i didnt know if that ment demographic or they only take so many votes agianst obamacare or what.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Interesting... next time act like a braindead idiot and see where it takes you.

There is something very fishy about that. These pre-screened polls are clearly used to get the results they desire.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    So in the last week or so I have recieved 2 calls asking me to participate in polls. I am on the no call list, but I was pretty interested because I wanted to figure out what they were looking for.

They mentioned healthcare... but that was it.

They started with asking me about a bunch of stuff, but mostly my political activity. How often do you read newspapers? Are you a member of a non-for profit? do you participate in your community? did you donate to a political party or candidate? have you been elected or have you participated in an election?--you get the idea. The first time, I answered totally truthfully and then he says essentially "well, you have fallen into a category that is already full, so thanks, but no thanks, we don't need you to go further" I asked some questions about that, like, what did he mean by "category was already full?" and it was obvious that he really didn't know much more than what was on his screen.

So I just made a mental note about it, and sure enough, yesterday got another call. Same questions, but I changed my answers just a little, and got to the next level. I am thinking, "cool" I'm gonna figure out where they are going with this. This person then starts asking if I know of the following companies, and then proceeds to ask if I know of about 30 different "Big Pharma" companies, Merck, Abbot, Lilly,etc. I told the truth which was that I did know, probably 85% of the names she listed. At the end of that she said again, "you answers indicated you fall in to a category that is already full." I started to ask questions, but she was pretty quick to get off the phone after that.

The most nefarious thing that I can figure is that they are trying to get to people who know nothing and then they only want those people to answer healthcare questions regarding the new governement healthcare program. I am sure there are other reasons, but I thought I'd throw it out to you folks.
    Any thoughts?
    thanks
    CB

Did your phone ID say "UNC Chapel Hill"? They called us numerous times and even left a message once. I finally answered the phone, and I told the guy I wasn't interested in doing their poll. He said it "was the only way to help forward the debate on healthcare reform". I told him I did better by contacting my Congress members, and I did regularly. He seemed taken aback at that, for some reason.

With what you are telling us, I wouldn't have gotten very far with them if I had taken the poll.

Top Bottom