• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'm tempted to go to Starbucks and have them yell out "Grow up!".

True... but if it weren't for women, there'd be no families, either.

That did cross my mind. Point is about useless stuff that is a "thing" mostly because it appeals more to women. And I'm not trying to be sexist about it. I mean there plenty of useless things men do that are only a thing because they appeal to men. But we're talking about the annual [STRIKE]Christmas[/STRIKE] Holiday photo. Yeah, extended family has changed it to "Holiday". Not that I care so much what they call it, but they did it to virtue signal how inclusive they are. :rolleyes:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    15055601_1177391765643032_1821846634883665412_n.jpg

LOVE the repurposing of the Obama symbol!

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    https://www.yahoo.com/tech/m/f03c7f7d-d35f-36f5-b256-f7261a3cb79a/ss_trump-supporters-are.html

So as to make sure your order is not mixed up with another "Trump", tell them your name is Trump One.
    Then they have to say, Trump won.

Ive never seen a protest, that involved giving a business MORE money. If I was the CEO of Starbucks, I'd regularly **** people off, just to see how much buzz I could generate for more business.
    What's funny, is the guy they're mimicking, is a known bigot, wife beater, and drunk. Classy person to take your cues from.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ive never seen a protest, that involved giving a business MORE money. If I was the CEO of Starbucks, I'd regularly **** people off, just to see how much buzz I could generate for more business.
    What's funny, is the guy they're mimicking, is a known bigot, wife beater, and drunk. Classy person to take your cues from.

So, do we now replace 'six degrees of Kevin Bacon' with 'six degrees of guilt by association'

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Rob Emanuel said that illegal aliens will be safe in Chicago.
    I may not be the smartest guy here but isn't the murders in Chicago over 600 this year?
    So how would anyone be safe in Chicago?
    He must have lost his mind.
    I really hope the states stop the sanctuary cities bull crap.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

The people that are going to Starbucks, probably already were going to Starbucks. So it's not like they went, just to do this.

Yes, I think it would be better NOT to give them money. And so, I DON'T give them money.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

I have a college age nephew that was a huge Bernie supporter, then a Hillary supporter, and has been going nuts on Facebook about the election results. A couple of days ago I shared this blog post with him, along with pointing out that several of the memes he was sharing simply weren't true. It led to an actual dialogue instead of a shouting match.

I can't find the link, but I also shared the article written by the Monster Hunters guy for liberals suddenly interested in owning guns. My nephew loved that article and told me he even shared it with a bunch of his friends. That led to another discussion where I was able to correct a number of his misconceptions about guns; among other things he was quite convinced that AR-15's are full auto.

I can't claim he has been converted or anything, but I have noticed that he has toned it way down on his Facebook page since then. He even posted a long list of liberal web sites such as Occupy Democrats that he will no longer visit because he has realized that they are full of b.s.!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Rob Emanuel said that illegal aliens will be safe in Chicago.
    I may not be the smartest guy here but isn't the murders in Chicago over 600 this year?
    So how would anyone be safe in Chicago?
    He must have lost his mind.
    I really hope the states stop the sanctuary cities bull crap.

Rahm, not Rob. ;)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have not read the blog post yet. Don't need to for what I'm going to say. Whatever was in that post, it opened eyes. It did so probably more because of how YOU presented it to him. Good job, and repped. There comes a time when someone is willing to listen and sometimes, there's someone around who's willing to talk/teach and say the right things to open the listener's mind. Sometimes that happens in an office. Sometimes via electronic communication (rare, I'd think, though no evidence either way) and sometimes it happens at the range. They shoot, they get that big smile, and suddenly, some part of the house of cards starts to fall.

For me, it was while I was at work, and my partner and I started talking about the "benefits" of increasing the federal minimum wage. When the discussion started, I favored it. That was not the case when we finished. I had a LOT to think about, but the cards were falling. FWIW, one reason that your nephew may have thought ARs were full auto is because the grabbers have blurred that distinction intentionally:

The weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons—anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun—can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons. In addition, few people can envision a practical use for these weapons.
    ([noparse]http://www.vpc.org/studies/awaconc.htm[/noparse])

I'm going to guess that since that was written in 1988, it is older than your nephew. You might point him toward "assaultweapon.info", and then to the VPC address that I de-linked. He sounds like he might be receptive to the "hey, what we talked about? I found some more info that might help." approach.

Good luck and good job!

Blessings,
    Bill

I have a college age nephew that was a huge Bernie supporter, then a Hillary supporter, and has been going nuts on Facebook about the election results. A couple of days ago I shared this blog post with him, along with pointing out that several of the memes he was sharing simply weren't true. It led to an actual dialogue instead of a shouting match.

I can't find the link, but I also shared the article written by the Monster Hunters guy for liberals suddenly interested in owning guns. My nephew loved that article and told me he even shared it with a bunch of his friends. That led to another discussion where I was able to correct a number of his misconceptions about guns; among other things he was quite convinced that AR-15's are full auto.

I can't claim he has been converted or anything, but I have noticed that he has toned it way down on his Facebook page since then. He even posted a long list of liberal web sites such as Occupy Democrats that he will no longer visit because he has realized that they are full of b.s.!

Top Bottom