• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Now I understand how Festerman got elected.. When I saw the title of this thread I thought Ol Fester had already bit the dust.. The Dems WILL elect a glass of water if it's on the ballot.
    I dont understand INGO's collective disbelief that Fetterman got elected. Seems pretty easy to understand why a guy who's lived in PA longer than 2 years and is more blue collar than a tv show doctor who became a household name by way of Oprah won. 1 guy lives in a steel town and was paid $150 a month to be mayor for 13 years, the other was pushing weight loss drugs on tv. If Dr. Oz is the best the republican party can put up then theres little hope.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Political system is dead through voting and representation, so might as well vote for a dead politician. I early voted and asked as I left if that was a Dominion machine and if my vote counted? No response as they seemed surprised by what I thought was a legit question.

Why does a politician have only two funeral pallbearers? Cause there's only two handles on a garbage can. Too soon?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I dont understand INGO's collective disbelief that Fetterman got elected. Seems pretty easy to understand why a guy who's lived in PA longer than 2 years and is more blue collar than a tv show doctor who became a household name by way of Oprah won. 1 guy lives in a steel town and was paid $150 a month to be mayor for 13 years, the other was pushing weight loss drugs on tv. If Dr. Oz is the best the republican party can put up then theres little hope.
    Did you not know about the stroke and brain damage?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My Dad mentioned something today about when he was working near Erie, PA back in the early 60s. He said a guy told him that people up there would elect a democrat even if he was in a coma.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Did you not know about the stroke and brain damage?
    It all makes sense when I read the articles from this Mesopotamia news website.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    He’s recovering from a stroke. Ron Paul had a stroke too. I’d skip to the polls to vote for him for President if the republicans put him on a ballot again.
    Without knowing if he is cognitively impaired or whether the brain damage he suffered was permanent? In Fetterman's current condition he cannot competently participate in senate debate and deliberation.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    While the story does sound stupid, the reality is that electing a "dead man" could happen in any state in the union, or even federally.

There comes a point where all the names are set in the voting machines. The "system" cannot adjust in a timely manner. Imagine if Trump runs in 2024 and three (3) days before the election he falls over dead from a heart attack. Does this mean Trump supporters will suddenly realize that he's not electable and vote Libertarian, or for Biden, or some other party? I think not. They'd vote for Trump knowing that if he (the dead guy) still wins then their party will be putting someone in his place. So at least it's not the person they don't like.

We did it right here in Fort Wayne, for a republican no less...

Looks like incumbent John Ashcroft lost to a dead man...

As the second article points out so well, "Voters and city council members were aware that Ernst was dead but went on to vote for him because they did not want his rival, Nadine Scott, to clinch the post."

Regards,

Doug

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    As the second article points out so well, "Voters and city council members were aware that Ernst was dead but went on to vote for him because they did not want his rival, Nadine Scott, to clinch the post."

Perhaps they were simply casting their vote for the "lesser evil".

It is most popular these days!

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Without knowing if he is cognitively impaired or whether the brain damage he suffered was permanent? In Fetterman's current condition he cannot competently participate in senate debate and deliberation.
    He seems pretty competent in his debate against oz. He has a stutter, yes. That’s not the end of the world for people when you put him up against a snake oil salesman. I’m not saying his platform fits mine or most on this board. But I’d bet dollars to donuts if they did and he was a rep running in Indiana many would vote for him.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    He seems pretty competent in his debate against oz. He has a stutter, yes. That’s not the end of the world for people when you put him up against a snake oil salesman. I’m not saying his platform fits mine or most on this board. But I’d bet dollars to donuts if they did and he was a rep running in Indiana many would vote for him.
    I don't know how you can watch him interact with people and say with certainty that he's competent. He may be, but he may not. He wouldn't provide his medical records for review and only released some inane statement from his doctor regarding his fitness. That's a red flag.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    That right there. ^^
    Desantis and other Florida seats proved America is looking for true leadership. Overall, crappy candidates lost.
    And Florida showed how elections should run.
    Trump helped us in many ways, but he's done. Time to help from a different position maybe, but not Chief.
    Too many just blindly listen to his recommendations even if there are better options for candidates.
    Fetterman was a horrible pick, but anyone from PA that showed true leadership ability would have smoked him.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Obviously Nadine had angered the community.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I went down the rabbit hole with Hendricks County election info:

I was there from 0603-0641 and there was a 39% turnout? I gotta start voting in Amo.

We had 800 vote for a Sheriff candidate in the 2022 primary who recently got a DUI. 625 votes were on election day

I won't go into how many Crawford County voters checked the box for the drunk/brawling/husband-beating Judge from down there.

Early voting shows as "walk in absentee"

Paper absentee: I voted that way many years in Washington County (86-2000) then became a Florida resident in 2001. Things changed a lot for voting in person since voting at the Campbellsburg Fire Station in 1984. Machines were no longer metal behemoths. Voted absentee in Okaloosa County Florida 2004 and 2006 when stationed in Virginia. I think my "at polls/election day" voting has passed my absentee voting, I'll have to take my shoes off to count...

OK, back on track (sort of) :
    - 52 Hendricks County write-ins for US Senate: I know one was for Danny Niederberger
    - 14 write-ins for Secretary of State: sadly I didn't think of BAN MBILLS until later

Top Bottom