• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The school, so the students who pay to go to school..... I guess... so if scholarships, grants, loans, are involved, don't we all pay ?????

I certainly wouldn't want to be a Pennsylvania resident right now. Next question. Where's the $60 million going and what is it going to be used for?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I certainly wouldn't want to be a Pennsylvania resident right now. Next question. Where's the $60 million going and what is it going to be used for?
    an endowment for "external programs preventing child sexual abuse or assisting victims and may not be used to fund such programs at the university.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Kind of sad that the actions of a few men have ruined the reputation of this school. Guessing this is going to hurt a lot for a few years.

I'm not a huge college sports fan, so I cannot really comment much about it. But I used to go to the University of Illinois, and I thought it was sickening how much the football and basketball coach made. And no one could touch them. They did what they wanted. And thats what happened here at Penn St. until someone finally made a stand.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN USA
    I read that they was no "specific NCAA rule" that was broken. I guess the NCAA can make up rules after the fact. I don't see how they can punish all of the players that fought for those 100+ wins, because a few administrators are sick. All of the good that has come from that school will forever be tainted.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I think the NCAA went way overboard with vacating all of those wins. It's the athletes that won those games and the athletes had nothing to do with this case.

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    People will focus on the wins that have been forfeited but the scholarship penalty for the next four years is what will hurt their program for the next 10 years. The NCAA does what it wants and they obviously write their own rules.

The Big 10 is up next with their own sanctions.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    not a psu fan, but die hard college fb fan tho!!! bummer for them forsure, but hey maybe IU will have a chance now?:dunno:

Well I guess technically with OSU and PSU inelligible for the B10 title this year IU will only be behind Wisky and Purdue in their division. Thats higher than IU has finished in the big 10 in who knows how long.

Top Bottom