• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I really don't have any ill feelings toward Pence but he's not what we would need in a President right now. If he was to run all we would hear about is him and that gay conversion stuff. We need a Trump without the Trump baggage and background.

Trump was a trumpet to awaken people to the realities of the political system. People are aware now, and his usefulness has passed.

Now what we need is someone who has one concrete, iron fisted goal. Dissolution of the central state at any price.

I don't know the right person for that job. But I think the best person would be someone from the middle class who has never been in politics before, and has no respect for money or power. Bonus points if they have nothing to loose and no sense of self preservation.

People may want Trump back, but all Trump will do is tell you about it. He lacks the ability to actually pull the walls down.

The alternative to this is us actually ending up with a right wing authoritarian state. Nothing short of that will be able to combat the leftist influence in this country. The moral path is to simply remove those positions of power permanently. The immoral path is to take them over and get rid of the opposition.

As for Pence, the only thing he'd be good for is to simply continue the march towards consolidating leftist power in the federal system.

Last edited:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    If you don't know who and what is backing Trump and you don't know who and what is backing Pence then what is the rationale for not voting for either one of them?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    The left has long used polls to influence conservative thinking.

This is but a small distraction...
    This^^^

They are already starting to try to get into people's heads and direct them away from DeSantis. That means they are already concerned that DeSantis will be one of the leading R nominee.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Did any of you read the original article that WIBC is talking about? Because from your comments there are two options:

1) You believe 'leftists' are trying to manipulate Republicans in to running Trump

or

2) You didn't read the article and just went with WIBC's headline.

From the article the WIBC story links to:

Nearly 6 in 10 Republican voters surveyed — 58 percent — say they would vote... Trump.

No other potential 2024 Republican candidate comes close to matching Trump. Former Vice President Mike Pence notches a distant second place with 13 percent support among GOP voters, while Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a rising star in the Republican Party, scored only 9 percent support in a primary field that includes Trump.

Those pesky leftists, trying to convince you to give Trump another chance. :lmfao:
    And a previous poll that I've seen, with a larger sample size said, Trump 1st, by a longshot.
    And Desantis in second. Far under Trump, but a far shot above #3, which was so low, I can't remember who it was.
    The problem is, that's counting towards a primary. How will it stack against a Dem opponent?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    How will it stack against a Dem opponent?

Given how many votes are against the other team vs for your team, who knows. Biden is losing independents right now, but it's all guess work if memories are long enough to get to the next election cycle. Especially once the Republicans make gains in Congress and can be blamed (rightfully or wrongfully) as obstructionists. Note the games already being played with the debt ceiling. The Republicans can say they won't raise the debt ceiling because they know the Democrats can unite and pass it anyway. They get to make political capital without actually having to face the outcome of their decision. Once they control the Senate, then the Democrats are free to do the same sorts of thing. Pretend to want to pass X and Y, let the Republicans block it, then score political points by blaming the Republicans while also not having to deal with the results of X and Y.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Is all this animosity towards Pence due to his "betrayal" of Trump? Sure seemed like he was popular around here before that

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Did you hear his views on the radio.
    I was more liberal thinking and younger then but still.
    A man who will not take a meeting with a woman unless his wife is in attendance at the meeting in today’s world. Come on man!

I guess it has been quite some time now before he ran for office.
    he did what he was to do and what trump knew he would do Jan 6.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    A man who will not take a meeting with a woman unless his wife is in attendance at the meeting in today’s world. Come on man!
    I do not think that is accurate. I believe it was would not eat with a woman alone that wasn't his wife.

In today's #metoo world, that is probably a smart thing, especially for a conservative.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I guess it has been quite some time now before he ran for office.
    he did what he was to do and what trump knew he would do Jan 6.

Any male politician who meets with a woman without a known and trusted chaperone and *isn't* engaged in an affair is a moron. Unless they are a well known homosexual, I suppose. Anyone else is begging to be #metoo'd when the time is right.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Is all this animosity towards Pence due to his "betrayal" of Trump? Sure seemed like he was popular around here before that
    I don't have animosity towards Pence.
    He seems like a nice man, but I just don't believe him to be a strong leader who can make a decision and take the heat.
    And at this point in time, we need a strong President to stand up to the hard left and not roll over for them.

Top Bottom