• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I used a small live trap and got most of the chipmunks on mine and my adjoining neighbors yard. I bet I caught 40 or so. I’d get 4 or 5 some days. Sunflower seeds are what they love. They can dig around your foundation and cause damage.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I have a Gamo whisper fusion Mach 1. Like the other games mentioned, it lists at 11fps, but probably more like 850 with lead pellets.

This one comes with a 5 year warranty and uses a nitrogen piston, vs. a spring or charging with an external tank.

It’s plenty powerful and accurate. I’ve shot through a piece of 1/2 osb and a sheet of 1/2 drywall setting back to back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike Maddox

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Otterbein
    There is a World of options out there, with the choice of caliber and power source/power. My 60 year old Sheridan still does a great job. For out and out accuracy, the Daisy 853 is hard to beat.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have a Benjamin Mayhem. Benjamin is now owned by Crosman, so you might see the identical rifle with Crosman stamped on it. It has the Nitro Piston. It was accurate after I put the recommended amount of pellets through it for break-in. IIRC it was 100. The most accurate pellet I found for it, so far is H&N Terminator. I got the .22 caliber because it seems to hold up for greater distances. The scope that came with it was junk, so I replaced it with a UTG 3-9 x 40 Bugbuster scope with lighted reticle. The Mayhem rifle is very quiet. The only drawback is that it is hard to cock.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I used a small live trap and got most of the chipmunks on mine and my adjoining neighbors yard. I bet I caught 40 or so. I’d get 4 or 5 some days. Sunflower seeds are what they love. They can dig around your foundation and cause damage.
    I actually left a minnow trap lying in my back yard overnight a few years ago and inadvertently trapped several chipmunks in it.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    I've had a Benjamin Titan NP .22 for a couple years now...My home setting is in town but rural in the fact that we have a woods and corn/bean fields bordering the property. I cannot legally shoot a "firearm" in city limits...I have an ongoing issue with groundhogs nesting under my house, my shed and anyplace else they like....nasty, destructive critters...last spring I looked in the back yard and there was mom and 6 babies grazing...mom and 5 of the 6 were eliminated with the Titan NP, one shot stops from 20 feet and more....Think its worth a look...

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I got my daughter a Crosman Nitro Piston .177 last year, right at $100. It's way smoother and more powerful than my old spring rifle. I have really thought about getting myself a Crosman Vantage .22.

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I just picked up a Benjamin Marauder Woods Walker PCP today from airguns of Arizona. Also added a DonnyFL compensator, as well as a couple extra magazines. It holds 8 rounds per magazine. It uses .22 which is the same as my Daystate huntsman. I’ve already got a pcp air compressor so that’s a huge expense handled. The vendor will sight the scope in and install everything for me. They said a change in pellet sometimes required the scope to be dialed in again. I’ll keep this gun and my Daystate on the same pellet JSB Exact Jumbo. I’m surprised they had this in stock. They said they are even busier than they were last spring, and they didn’t think it was possible. It’s crazy that even the pellet gun places are super busy. People want protection of any type if they can’t get a regular gun.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I picked up a 1st gen M-Rod from an INGOer earlier this year. Killed two coons first week I had it. I'm hoping to wring it out a bit more this year.

Hand pump came with my gun. Luckily, I understood that hand pumping was no small task. I treat it as a workout.

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    I have a Ruger. I believe it's an Impact made by Umarex. It's the cheaper spring model and it's decent for what it is. If I were to buy another, I would buy a ram air model and pay for a more quality rifle.

I actually bought it for chipmunks and it works well on them if I can hit one. I need to put an optic on it as the rear sight moves around if you bump it and you can't tighten it down (I should actually look at it and see if I can modify it to stay in place). Beyond that, the .22 pellet definitely does a bit of damage. The rifle is loud, though. It's not as quiet as you may think.
    United Forge is very nice. It's basically am upgraded Ruger Air Hawk. You get a suppressor and 4x32 scope. The open sights are quite good. Doesn't break the bank.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    There is a World of options out there, with the choice of caliber and power source/power. My 60 year old Sheridan still does a great job. For out and out accuracy, the Daisy 853 is hard to beat.
    Back in 69' Dad took me to the sporting goods store and attempted to steer me towards the Sheridan, but I just couldn't be persuaded and he let me walk out of there the proud new owner of a Benjamin .22. Still have it in the original box albeit the cardboard's kinda looking ruff around the edges.

Fast forward to present and I've been salivating pretty hard at the notion of a Brocock Concept XL in .22, then my $en$e$ whisper out of nowhere asking what are you thinking; in compromise I've also considered the Marauder in .22, which even with a cheap chineeze compressor would land me north of a grand for something used ever so often. Think I'm far better off just dreaming about it for now.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Back in 69' Dad took me to the sporting goods store and attempted to steer me towards the Sheridan, but I just couldn't be persuaded and he let me walk out of there the proud new owner of a Benjamin .22. Still have it in the original box albeit the cardboard's kinda looking ruff around the edges.

Fast forward to present and I've been salivating pretty hard at the notion of a Brocock Concept XL in .22, then my $en$e$ whisper out of nowhere asking what are you thinking; in compromise I've also considered the Marauder in .22, which even with a cheap chineeze compressor would land me north of a grand for something used ever so often. Think I'm far better off just dreaming about it for now.
    You get a scuba tank online for $150.00. 4 buck to fill at your local dive shop. I'd skip cheap compressors, you want clean dry air.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have a Benjamin Trail Nitro Piston, .22 caliber @ 950 fps. It is accurate, crazy quiet and cheap/easy to shoot with the break barrel cocking.

I have made clean kills on rabbits at 40 yards and have taken Fox squirrels with it. Have also taken brown headed cow birds out to 50-60 yards.

Last edited:

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Been popping these damn things since spring started, must be a chipmunk factory close by I don't know about cause I kill a couple and there's always more showing up.
    Hey OP (Diver Dan) this is what a cheapo,
    1K FPS pellet gun will do at 30 yards.
    Bait em with bird seed and peanut butter and open fire. 20210604_152912.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Been popping these damn things since spring started, must be a chipmunk factory close by I don't know about cause I kill a couple and there's always more showing up.
    Hey OP (Diver Dan) this is what a cheapo,
    1K FPS pellet gun will do at 30 yards.
    Bait em with bird seed and peanut butter and open fire. View attachment 142655
    They are thick this year. Never seen so many smashed in the road.

Lady where I fish keeps setting them free there. She told a fishing buddy yesterday that her count was 32 so far. (No idea if she is close enough to see them twice? :rolleyes:)

Two for me with the M-Rod. Four more in the traps...

Attachments

• 20210531_104637.jpg
      20210531_104637.jpg
      5.6 MB · Views: 6
    Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm all for plinking vermin too but if it's munks' and ground squirrels, a 5 gallon bucket half full of water with a handful of black sunflower seeds on top and a 4' long board from the ground to the top of the bucket works really good. Up the board, into the bucket to get the seeds and they drown.

My Dad averages a few a day.

The pellet rifle will work too. I have an older .177 Gamo WASP for critters that need to be got.

Top Bottom