Not open for further replies.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Or maybe it's just Tinfoil Hat Time.

I was in Gander Mountain today to pick up some of the .223 which was on sale, and while looking around the firearms department, I happened to notice that the majority of people in that department were of middle eastern origin, in groups of 2 or 3, and all talking whatever language it is that they speak over there. There were probably around 15-20 of them, looking mostly at rifles, but some were looking at pistols or ammo.

Since I noticed this, and was somewhat concerned by it, does this mean my tinfoil hat is too tight?

:dunno:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

I was in Gander Mountain today to pick up some of the .223 which was on sale, and while looking around the firearms department, I happened to notice that the majority of people in that department were of middle eastern origin, in groups of 2 or 3, and all talking whatever language it is that they speak over there. There were probably around 15-20 of them, looking mostly at rifles, but some were looking at pistols or ammo.

Since I noticed this, and was somewhat concerned by it, does this mean my tinfoil hat is too tight?

Do you work for NPR?

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL

Naw! Just your imagination. :rolleyes:
    Ok. Yeah, that would make me a little jittery as well. (With all that is going on and the "chatter" level being a bit higher.)

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Strange indeed....makes you wonder what may be in the works or its just a coincidence that they just picked up hunting and/or Target shooting.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

Maybe they're worried about lynch mobs.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    More people exercising the natural right to keep and bear arms. Gotta love that! Wanting to defend your family and yourself is basic, wherever you're from.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    More people exercising the natural right to keep and bear arms. Gotta love that! Wanting to defend your family and yourself is basic, wherever you're from.
    I take you missed the news this week about people on the "Terrorist Watch List" buying guns? :n00b:
    Or you're out of purple ink.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I take you missed the news this week about people on the "Terrorist Watch List" buying guns? :n00b:
    Or you're out of purple ink.
    Really? You're choosing to go down that road? All people who look like they might possibly be from the ME are terrorists? Man, I'm glad you're off the streets. An, no. I didn't run out of purple.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Really? You're choosing to go down that road? All people who look like they might possibly be from the ME are terrorists? Man, I'm glad you're off the streets. An, no. I didn't run out of purple.
    It's a good thing you were never an LEO.
    You're so damn naive you'd never have lasted long enough to retire.
    If some of those people ever start shooting at you maybe a rousing chorus of Kum By Ya will convince them that you a "Good guy". :n00b:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Guess that whole "innocent to guilty" thing never meant anything to you. If these people pass a NICS check and are good to go they deserve to be armed to, (as posited earlier) "protect themselves from lynch mobs" and other criminals who would do them harm.My guess is that you're all for disarming innocent people that make you nervous for no reason. No matter what their race.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Only (possible/limited) members of those groups (includes those south of the border) who have stated publically that they intend to do us harm.

Of course, we all know that there are many who don't advertise their intent.

It's called "situational awareness". If we were not given cause, there would be nothing to watch, would there. (Head in the sand?)

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Guess that whole "innocent to guilty" thing never meant anything to you. If these people pass a NICS check and are good to go they deserve to be armed to, (as posited earlier) "protect themselves from lynch mobs" and other criminals who would do them harm.My guess is that you're all for disarming innocent people that make you nervous for no reason. No matter what their race.
    Never mind!!
    You'll never get it. :n00b: :n00b: :n00b:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Maybe they are just on safari?

Probably a group of tourists going to hunt deer.

JMH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    not against them buying guns but this is america they can at the least speak english, maybe we would not be so quick to judge or feel uncomfortable in their presence if we knew what they were saying.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sometimes when I've gone into gunshops in northern Michigan there are groups like the OP described except they are white and they talk canadian or whatever they speak up there. They say 'eh' a lot and ride snowmobiles and drive YJ's.

I don't trust em. If I were an operator, boy I tell ya what I'd do.

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    not against them buying guns but this is america they can at the least speak english, maybe we would not be so quick to judge or feel uncomfortable in their presence if we knew what they were saying.

Don't worry. They are probably just saying "I wonder why these slackjaw yokels keep staring at us?"

:):

Although the best evidence that these people are future suicide attackers is that they obviously don't care how much they are overpaying for guns and ammo, by shopping at Gander Mountain. Kinda like a one-way plane ticket and no luggage.

:D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    all talking whatever language it is that they speak over there.
    1. Many languages are spoken in the Middle East.

2. Maybe it was a family reunion? Maybe part of FFA convention? Maybe it was a bunch of gun nuts who just wanted to look at guns? Maybe family in town for a wedding? Did you talk to them?

3. The notion that those people you observed are somehow up to no good is laughable and in fact makes INGO less than hospitable and less than enlightened. Many people of Middle Eastern origin love firearms. I was fortunate to date a Lebanese girl; her father and I got along wonderfully after he learned I liked guns. (No wonder she dumped me; always make dad mad to get to her--lesson learned).

4. If you saw a bunch of Central Europeans speaking German or whatever language they speak over there, would you be concerned?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom