• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    While Hello, PayPal Client is a dead giveaway, perhaps I should also let them know that if they are going to try to scam people they should remove the PayPal warning contradicting everything they just said to get your attention. :lmfao::ugh:

Hello, PayPaI Client
    Here's your invoice
    PayPaI LLC sent you an invoice for $382.00 USD
    Buy now. Pay over time.
    Simply select PayPal Credit at checkout and enjoy No Interest if paid in full in 6 months. Subject to credit approval. See terms. US customers only.

Seller note to customer
    Your purchase was accepeted and payment was processed. There is evidence that an unauthorized party accessed your PayPal account. Your account has been charged $382. 00 for the e-wallet credit purchase. This transaction will be reflected in the automatically debited amount on your activity after 24 hours. If you feel that you did not conduct this transaction correctly, please contact us immediately at 404-595-5722 or reach us for assistance. Our business hours are from 6:00 a. m. to 6:00 p. m. Pacific Time. Scammers use automated systems to make transactions. Only contact PayPal through the Contact details given above to contact Customer Service.

Don't know this seller?
    You can safely ignore this invoice if you're not buying anything from this seller. PayPal won't ask you to call or send texts to phone numbers in an invoice. We don't ask for your credentials or auto-debit money from your account against any invoices. Contact us if you're still not sure.

PayPal is committed to preventing fraudulent emails. Emails from PayPal will always contain your full name. Learn to identify phishing
    Please don't reply to this email. To get in touch with us, click Help & Contact.
    Not sure why you received this email? Learn more

Copyright © 1999-2023 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.
    PayPal RT000238:en_US(en-US):1.4.0:eef7063e39aca

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It still works.
    That's all they care about.

I just got a message from 'xfinity mobile' saying my account was on hold.
    Funny thing. Logging on to xfinity I have no messages or warnings.

But people click on the links, so that's why they do it.

Lpherr

Occupied
    It still works.

Yes it does.
    My MIL could be the award winner.
    She's had her bank account compromised at least twice, and had to have account numbers, and CC numbers reissued.:ugh:
    After the first time, and numerous discussions, you would think she would get it.:dunno:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It still works.

I get these as well. Saying that my PayPal or Amazon account has been suspended. I don't even click on those. I automatically delete them without responding post haste and log in to check my accounts myself thru a known official link instead that I've used before for any suspicious activity which there never has been to date.

Last edited:

Emo66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2021
    Valparaiso
    They prey on the elderly! My parents are in their 80’s and they have hit my mom twice. She just doesn’t get it! Modern technology is hard for them. She cannot distinguish what is real and what isn’t. My brothers and I are trying to put safeguards in place and still allow her freedom, but it’s tough.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It still works.

I get those for various accounts, straight to the round file.

Reactions: Mij

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Remember, they don't want to scam anyone with enough brain cells to argue with them or make things difficult. They want to get granny who's been scammed 6 times already and is worried about it happening again so she'll call just to make sure.

All the spam calls I get just hang up on you if they think you're anything but an easy mark. No more running them around the ringer for fun.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    YouTube has a number of good channels with excellent scam baiting that shows exactly how these scams work:

Scammer Payback:
    https://www.youtube.com/@ScammerPayback

Jim Browning (in the UK but deals with scammers targeting people in US)
    https://www.youtube.com/@JimBrowning

There are others but they're more entertainment at wasting a scammer's time than scammer resource takedown and destruction. Watching some of them is an eye opening education in how they work, and what they do to lure the victims in. Both have multiple examples of the scams cited in this thread.

Top Bottom