• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    There is currently a T-shirt featuring Paul's famous shooting jacket being a sold as a fundraiser for Paul and his wife.

It also sounds like Paul is in hospice care now, so it is nice to see that he reached a million subscribers so quickly and YouTube expedited getting him his plaque.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    There is currently a T-shirt featuring Paul's famous shooting jacket being a sold as a fundraiser for Paul and his wife.

It also sounds like Paul is in hospice care now, so it is nice to see that he reached a million subscribers so quickly and YouTube expedited getting him his plaque.
    Pretty shocking that YouTube would go out of their way for a guntuber like Paul. Apparently a guy named "donut" had something to do with it. Not familiar with him.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Pretty shocking that YouTube would go out of their way for a guntuber like Paul. Apparently a guy named "donut" had something to do with it. Not familiar with him.
    I'm pretty sure the "donut" in question is Donut Operator, from the YT channel of the same name. I'm not real familiar but from what little I've seen he does a mix of defensive gun use video breakdowns and an odd mix of other firearms related content. Seems to be mostly geared to the under 30 set.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    YouTube is a two tiered system. The big earners get far more leeway, while small and medium channels get routinely stomped on.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I think X/Twitter had a lot to do with it....I follow and have a decent amount of gun guy followers... and for about a week it was people retweeting this push to get him there...they'd screenshot his YouTube page hourly so people could see it in real time and it seemed to happen pretty fast....he had a few big name accounts that are not even in the gun community retweet the request....imho....

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I think X/Twitter had a lot to do with it....I follow and have a decent amount of gun guy followers... and for about a week it was people retweeting this push to get him there...they'd screenshot his YouTube page hourly so people could see it in real time and it seemed to happen pretty fast....he had a few big name accounts that are not even in the gun community retweet the request....imho....
    Yeah I saw the push for the Million subs happen, I was referring to the fact that usually YouTube takes their time getting channels their silver and gold "play button" plaques. Paul got his almost as fast as I get crap from MidwayUSA lol.

Donut apparently has friends who are higher ups at YouTube. It's really great to see the community come together like this.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    is he still with us today? i like his videos and remember him talking about his cancer a while back.
    Latest info is he is in hospice and I dont think he is shooting any more videos. His brother is taking over the channel to provide content moving forward.

He just posed with his plaque earlier this week to say thank you to his fans. So unless he died in the last couple days, he is still with us.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

bowhunter911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2024
    La Crosse Indiana
    Latest info is he is in hospice and I dont think he is shooting any more videos. His brother is taking over the channel to provide content moving forward.

He just posed with his plaque earlier this week to say thank you to his fans. So unless he died in the last couple days, he is still with us.
    ok thanks for the info.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good interview. But fails on several levels.

He apparently had his clueless kid shoot this on the phone and he didnt notice they were shooting vertically so the video is very amateurish. They had to keep panning back and forth between Paul and Tom. :facepalm::facepalm:

He didnt send Paul the list of questions ahead of time (like a pro would do) to get good, well thought out responses. Paul did well, but he stumped Paul on one question.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Good interview. But fails on several levels.

He apparently had his clueless kid shoot this on the phone and he didnt notice they were shooting vertically so the video is very amateurish. They had to keep panning back and forth between Paul and Tom. :facepalm::facepalm:

He didnt send Paul the list of questions ahead of time (like a pro would do) to get good, well thought out responses. Paul did well, but he stumped Paul on one question.

Wow you seemed overly critical. I thought it was a good, guerrilla style (but friendly) interview and I liked the less polished off the cuff takes.

Of course I like his earlier videos that look like 1980s corporate training videos on VHS so take my opinion for what it's worth

Top Bottom