• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    you are all losing sight of a more important aspect of this bill this bill also prevents the confiscation of firearms during declared states of emergency!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Putting business owners property rights above individual employee 2nd amendment rights is what this is. And it's never been unconstitutional to demand visitors at farms, factories, and other businesses to not bring guns onto the properties of those that want it that way.

Do you want legislators to make the rules? They can keep making them - even the ones you don't like.

When you come to my place, if I feel I don't trust you with a firearm, you have the option to secure it in your vehicle. To me it is common sense. I do not own your vehicle so lock it in your property...

Personally I think we have to many laws on the books. Most of the laws that have been passed are not enforceable anyway...

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    When you come to my place, if I feel I don't trust you with a firearm, you have the option to secure it in your vehicle. To me it is common sense. I do not own your vehicle so lock it in your property...

Personally I think we have to many laws on the books. Most of the laws that have been passed are not enforceable anyway...

In my case, whether a person has a firearm or not is utterly irrelevant. If I trust them to be on my property at all being armed does not change that. If I don't trust them to be on my property not being armed does not change that.

After all, there are enough potentially dangerous materials and items in my house naturally. If I don't trust someone to have a gun on their person how can I trust them not to pick up a knife, or grab caustic of inflammable chemicals, or a baseball bat, or a hatchet, or anything at all with which they might cause mayhem? Or, for that matter, how can I trust them not to lie about being armed?

Armed/not armed doesn't even enter into the equation.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    In my case, whether a person has a firearm or not is utterly irrelevant. If I trust them to be on my property at all being armed does not change that. If I don't trust them to be on my property not being armed does not change that.

After all, there are enough potentially dangerous materials and items in my house naturally. If I don't trust someone to have a gun on their person how can I trust them not to pick up a knife, or grab caustic of inflammable chemicals, or a baseball bat, or a hatchet, or anything at all with which they might cause mayhem? Or, for that matter, how can I trust them not to lie about being armed?

Armed/not armed doesn't even enter into the equation.

DB there are only 4 people in the world I trust to not do me or mine harm. One is my Brother, the other three I have been to Indian Country with to many times to count.

Everybody else I judge their level of competence against the chance of them doing something epically darwinistic...

You may have a different system though. :twocents:

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    you are all losing sight of a more important aspect of this bill this bill also prevents the confiscation of firearms during declared states of emergency!

That is a great point. But it seems to me (and I may be wrong on this) that there is not nearly as much oposition to THAT portion of the bill.

Top Bottom