• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HK45Mark23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Newburgh
    Folks the road just keeps getting harder to travel. There was a shooting in Portage, Indiana last Friday http://nwitimes.com/news/local/porter/article_7b33eac6-2c8d-5277-a3b0-c2eba520e080.html and because of this incident the Indiana Chamber Of Commerce and other business groups are jamming calls into the Governor's office to veto HB 1065, (carry to the workplace).

Let's not let our opposition take this victory away from us. Call Governor Daniels at 1-317-232-4567 and urge the Governor sign HB 1065. It's going to come down to what wheel squeaks the loudest.

If the Governor just wants to let the bill lay on his desk and do nothing it will become law. But we sure don't want a veto. This was a hard fought battle to lose here at the end because some screw ball went off. This is the very reason we need this law.

Make your call, please.

Jim and Margie
    2nd Amendment Patriots
    STAY UNITED
    www.2ndamendmentpatriots.org

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on this.

Email has been sent to the Governor.

How long does it have to sit on his desk to become law (I'm a transplant to Indiana)?

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Just got home and had a voice mail from the NRA and two e-mails and now this. I have e-mailed the governors' office.
    Cosermann, I believe it takes ten days, but I am also transplant and am not sure.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited:

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Give as much support as you can for this bill. Make sure your spouse, gf/bf, nieces, nephews, siblings, parents, friends, and anyone else you can get to take the minute to call. Email as a Mr. or Mrs. then email later separately.

I called and emailed. Calling was quick and easy. Takes less than a minute. My 6 y/o niece supports this bill. She emailed the governor too.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    When did the bill hit his desk?
    According to Indiana General Assembly

it has yet to receive the signatures, in turn, of Bauer and Sen. David Long (President Pro Tempore of the Senate). Once it has those, it can then go on to Daniels.

Interestingly, HB 1068 got Long's signature on 3/1/10 and has yet to show that it's been signed or even sent to the governor, however I can't say I know that the legislature reports that fact or not.

Those of you calling today might ask after you register your support of 1065.

Blessings,
    Bill

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Called yesterday after NRA-ILA called to let me know, twice! Good on them to be riding this. I may call Governor again today. Heard abput the shooting in Portage on the news this morning. It really upsets me how this is used to say why we shouldn't have this law...urghh.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Folks the road just keeps getting harder to travel. There was a shooting in Portage, Indiana last Friday http://nwitimes.com/news/local/porter/article_7b33eac6-2c8d-5277-a3b0-c2eba520e080.html and because of this incident the Indiana Chamber Of Commerce and other business groups are jamming calls into the Governor's office to veto HB 1065, (carry to the workplace).

Note to anyone you talk to that DWD ALREADY BANS GUNS IN ITS OFFICES and it didn't stop this guy. If he hadn't been a halfwit the employees would have been sitting ducks.

Top Bottom