• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Yeah, there's no possible way that it was just a random shooting. The Trooper was sleeping with the dead woman, before she was dead of course, so her man, the shooter, flipped his car to kill her and get the Trooper to respond to the crash. Unfortunately for him he was just as bad a shot as he was a lover and couldn't finish the job. And it was an unlikely coincidence that the other guy sleeping with the dead woman, before she was dead of course, was on the same stretch of highway and killed loverboy. Its all right there in the article.
    :laugh: See, now he wuz jus' usin' his "freedom of expression" to make a statement against The Man, the oppressor. Yeah, and like, then that bloodthirsty gun-toting redneck, who had been itching for a chance to execute someone, saw an opportunity to gun down a helpless "victim".

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The good Samaritan got a gun from his car and shot the suspect, who died at the scene....

Did the Samaritan have to go back to his car to retrieve his gun because of some silly law?

Otherwise, it should of been in his holster on his body until he needed to pull it out.

Seconds matter, even if the cops are not minutes away.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wait. Is this not a dupe?

I could've sworn I said something witty in this thread. (Of course, I think that about every thread.)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks Denny.

Question: for you guys who know Denny in meatspace, does he Denny conversations in real life, or is it just an INGO thing?

Did the Samaritan have to go back to his car to retrieve his gun because of some silly law?

Otherwise, it should of been in his holster on his body until he needed to pull it out.

Some people believe they will always have enough time to retrieve a gun from where they stashed it to avoid the inconvenience of carrying it on their person (like at home). Fortunately that guy did have enough time. It could easily have been otherwise.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009

All that, and I'm wondering why he "needed" to ask the officer if he needed help?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    All that, and I'm wondering why he "needed" to ask the officer if he needed help?
    I think that it is an excellent idea. It might prevent the officer from thinking that the good citizen is just that and not an accomplice of the attacker.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Last edited:

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    When I looked at it again, I realized it was an Associated Press story. You know, they have a narrative to pursue.

They just couldn't let be a nice story with a happy ending. :)

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I saw that. I would have hoped better of PoliceOne, but, alas.

Because Arizona is a "gun friendly state with loose regulation," an armed citizen most likely saved the trooper's life. As a retired Indiana trooper, I find that name-calling offensive.

Did you have a UTV stolen from you a couple years ago that was recovered in Indy?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I think the author was merely pointing out a beneficial point of less gun control.
    They could have done with out the underlined part :rolleyes:

"Arizona has a "defense of third person" law that allows someone to use deadly force against another who is threatening or injuring a third person. It was not unusual that the passing driver was armed in this gun-friendly state with loose regulation."

Top Bottom