• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I did find a few deals, but was only looking for powder and possibly a NAA mini in .22s or .22lr Found a mini in .22s but guy wanted $400, double msrp. Found a pound of my favorite powder that I haven't been able to buy for over a year, got it for a fair price and only bought one pound, left the rest.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    Not really worth it anymore. Until they make some changes I'm going to stay with LGSs and the smaller shows within driving distance.
    I agree!! There has to be a better facilty available that the Indy 1500 could be held. The State Fairgrounds is a very poor facility. As long as people keep attending, I doubt they will change anything.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have never seen any shuttles there at all so was impressed they had those running. You know what you're getting with the 1500. I love it and try not to miss it.

To each their own... :twocents:

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    In the long run your LGS is your Friend. The Indy 1500 is just a business venture.

I would hope your loyalty to your LGS will be returned some day. Some day in the near future we are going to need our LGS to Rally Around. I pray to my Lord that I will be wrong and that Our Country will survive all the current attempts to destroy it.

Can you spell another name for the devil in the same number of letters and ending in a.
    The first thing that came to my mind when he was elected "Nicolae Carpathia"...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have never seen any shuttles there at all so was impressed they had those running. You know what you're getting with the 1500. I love it and try not to miss it.

To each their own... :twocents:

Some folks love the long walks/long lines/bump and grind elbow to elbow with those of questionable hygiene/stuck behind a stroller in the already to narrow isles/ridiculous prices and products/the way to expensive concessions. Man I just love a good show.....:)

Same thing has happened to car swap meets. People are making a living from them and prices are stupid high.

Rocko

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I haven't been able to bring myself to actually make it to the gun show in the 7 years I've lived in Indy. I rarely have a free weekend when it comes around but when I do, I always end up talking myself out of going. One of my friends actually got a good deal on a used Glock from Plainfiield store at the gunshow.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I haven't been able to bring myself to actually make it to the gun show in the 7 years I've lived in Indy. I rarely have a free weekend when it comes around but when I do, I always end up talking myself out of going. One of my friends actually got a good deal on a used Glock from Plainfiield store at the gunshow.

He most likely would have gotten the same deal at the store without the entry fee/parking and all the other blather.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    Friday: 2:30 arrival, parked across 38th, 15 minute wait to get inside. Freezing outside, not really crowded inside.

Saturday: 11:30 arrival, parked across 38th but much further down than usual, no wait to get inside. Didn't seem as cold but was starting to snow, pretty much packed inside.

I found some good deals and definitely happy I went.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    In the long run your LGS is your Friend. The Indy 1500 is just a business venture.

I would hope your loyalty to your LGS will be returned some day. Some day in the near future we are going to need our LGS to Rally Around. I pray to my Lord that I will be wrong and that Our Country will survive all the current attempts to destroy it.

Can you spell another name for the devil in the same number of letters and ending in a.
    Who do you think the vendors are?

Indyrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    NE INDY
    I agree!! There has to be a better facilty available that the Indy 1500 could be held. The State Fairgrounds is a very poor facility. As long as people keep attending, I doubt they will change anything.

The fairgrounds is actually a great facility....the 1500 just needs to use the same space/buildings as the home show and flower and patio show. The problem is that they jam too much into too small of buildings. They try to claim "if we move to a bigger building it'll cost our vendors an customers more"..B.S.! It's just greed by the promoter/owner of the event. If they were smart and switch buildings they would find a lot of people would go who have stopped because of the over crowding and make more.

Top Bottom