• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sitcomdad83

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2021
    Indiana
    I got a used para ordnance ( Canada made) lda carry in .45acp a couple months ago. Its my first para also my first compact 1911. I was wanting some feedback from owners of this gun or other compact para models. So far I've put 250 trouble free rounds thru it and it's is more consistent than any other handguns I have. It's my main carry gun now. I ditched the oem mag since the springs were iffy and use wilson mags.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We used to run a lot of Para offerings. Had really good luck with them. Flat wore out a P12.
    seems the older ones out of Canada were OK.
    I just did sell the last one to a buddy some months ago.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I liked the LDA so much I carried one for 5 years. That is a long time for me since I get bored easily. I wish I would've kept mine for sure it is now a huge regret!

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    I have owned a Para Carry LDA for 16 years. Have never had a problem with it. The thing is a tack driver. Easy to shoot and an excellent carry choice. Unfortunately they are getting hard to find and not sure on availability of holsters.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I had the LDA Carry 9 and really liked it. In fact it was the reason I bought a Para LTC Commander and that one turned out to be complete garbage, and the Para customer service turned out to be useless. Do yourself a favor and if you have issues use someone other than Para to repair it.
    The Carry 9 I actually regret selling, not the Commander.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I had the LDA Carry 9 and really liked it. In fact it was the reason I bought a Para LTC Commander and that one turned out to be complete garbage, and the Para customer service turned out to be useless. Do yourself a favor and if you have issues use someone other than Para to repair it.
    The Carry 9 I actually regret selling, not the Commander.
    I must have been living right when I bought my LTC. I carried mine daily during the cool/cold weather months for 6-7 years. During that time I put 400-500 rounds a yea through it with zero issues. The only FTF issue I had was quickly traced to a faulty magazine. I only sold it when I acquired a Springfield with a rail.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I must have been living right when I bought my LTC. I carried mine daily during the cool/cold weather months for 6-7 years. During that time I put 400-500 rounds a yea through it with zero issues. The only FTF issue I had was quickly traced to a faulty magazine. I only sold it when I acquired a Springfield with a rail.
    Mine wore itself looser than an old GI pistol in less than 100rds. Big scrapes on the frame rails (I wish I still had the pics). Sent it back and they told me it was within spec. I got it back and loaded it down with lube and got another 100rds through it, by then it was a gouge you could easily snag your finger in, almost half length of the rail. Went back again and they said it was fine. The Aluminum frame was definitely not good on that pistol.
    I ended up trading it for a G19. That guy upgraded to a new frame and trigger controls and still has it to this day I believe. In hindsight I maybe should of done that, but I was angry and fed up at the time.

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Not a compact - but, I have a P14 Limited that's 20+ years old. It has a spot where the bluing got a little funky but, other then that I've never had any issues with it.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I owned a LTC for a few years and never had any problems with it. I still own a P14 and a P13, both older (Canadian) models. I think the "Power Extractor" that they ran in the newer models was junk and the last few years they were made in North Carolina they went visibly downhill.

Top Bottom