• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Why is it that I have a giant, raging, har. . . Errrr. . .desire to find and procure this firearm? Any one have good or bad experiences with their Black Ops pistols?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why is it that I have a giant, raging, har. . . Errrr. . .desire to find and procure this firearm? Any one have good or bad experiences with their Black Ops pistols?

No direct experience with the black ops but own 2 Paras and love them both. Have had several over the years with no bad experiences but we did wear one out. Est well over 10,000 rds. Trigger group, spring kit and a re-finish and it is back in the holster on daily EDC

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    There seems to be a few options for this pistol.
    I have been looking at the one with suppressor sights and threaded barrel myself.

Hi-cap and cheaper than the Nighthawk suppressor ready 1911

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    From what I hear, their customer service is incredible if you have issues with your purchase. Their head smith trolls the 1911 forums giving advice and taking care of people. It's pretty cool to see that they're working hard to clean up their image.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    No direct experience with the black ops but own 2 Paras and love them both. Have had several over the years with no bad experiences but we did wear one out. Est well over 10,000 rds. Trigger group, spring kit and a re-finish and it is back in the holster on daily EDC

^^^ Pretty much my experiences with Para. Not my usually my EDC but I do carry either/both of them periodically. Good guns, good prices.

snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN
    I have a P14 I got back in the 90's, it still shoots well. I think
    Para Ordnance is a good company and have been considering a black ops myself. Just not sure between the P14 version or the standard version.

blueboxer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've played with these several times at Gander now. While the beavertail seemed to be a sloppy fit and I didn't like how the rail was executed, the action was superb. I mean wow, talk about a slick gun. Loved the extended thumb safeties too, very comfortable. Not sure if they were a Para proprietary design or from an established manufacturer. Hard to find information or tests on these guns. Para is certainly re-branding their reputation as a consumer focused company making high quality guns though.

Top Bottom