• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whtsti2005

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Carmel
    I'm giving a serious thought about purchasing a Pap M92 and then perhaps getting an SBR stamp. Anyone purchased one of these? Likes and dislikes?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have had 2 or 3 of the PAP pistols and all have been well built and reliable. If your goal is an sbr in 7.62x39 and you don't care too much about being super authentic, there is no cheaper way to go. Someone even makes a folding stock that mounts under the pistol grip, negating the need for any gunsmithing aside from NFA engraving. I would go the Ace folder route myself though.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I really enjoy my PAP m92. Traded for it about 2 years ago. It came with the SB47 brace on it, but I went ahead and SBR'd it. Put a USMAchineGun.com lite stock on it and it has been a very reliable fun .30 cal SBR to have.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I really enjoy my PAP m92. Traded for it about 2 years ago. It came with the SB47 brace on it, but I went ahead and SBR'd it. Put a USMAchineGun.com lite stock on it and it has been a very reliable fun .30 cal SBR to have.

That looks AWESOME. Any wiggle with the stock? Any complaints at all? I'm looking at doing the exact same SBR with a M92.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Here's mine. It's a fun rifle to shoot.

I drilled and tapped the rear trunion and installed a Manticore Arms folding hinge and triangle stock.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    If you're not married to 7.62 you may want to consider the M85 as well which is 5.56/.223. I have the M85NP which is the version with a magwell that lets you use AR mags. The magazine capability is the only reason I got this one. I've been shooting the crap out of mine to prove out its reliability and it's been flawless and a hoot to shoot (top in pic)

SLR_M85_2_zpszm8ankv5.jpg

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    That looks AWESOME. Any wiggle with the stock? Any complaints at all? I'm looking at doing the exact same SBR with a M92.

no wiggle to speak of. I was very please with the fit and quality of the stock. Definitely worth it considering I did not have to go the gunsmith route to have a stock permanently attached.

whtsti2005

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Carmel
    I like the SBR ideas! I wonder what the implications are if I had to hand this down to one of my kids. I also like the arm brace idea.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I like the SBR ideas! I wonder what the implications are if I had to hand this down to one of my kids. I also like the arm brace idea.

As long as it is in a will, it will transfer to the person of your choosing tax-free on a Form 5. If you don't have a will, it transfers tax-free to whoever your primary beneficiary of your estate is, and anyone else who wanted it, it would go tax-paid Form 4 to them.

Handing down to your heirs is no big deal, so long as they are no prohibited persons.

redhawk34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Here's mine. It's a fun rifle to shoot.

I drilled and tapped the rear trunion and installed a Manticore Arms folding hinge and triangle stock.

Very nice. Exactly the direction my M92 PAP SBR is heading in the coming weeks, except I am going with the 4 piece Bulgarian brake.

Top Bottom