Panic Again??? PSA SOLD OUT of ALL Rifle Kits, WTH???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I'm surprised that you are surprised. Some of it might be panic but I think a large number of it is 1st time buyers too. Best gun salesman ever still in office.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    They've been sold out of most things I've looked at since Black Friday. An upper I'm looking at came back into stock and is till available. I don't think it's a panic yet.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I don't get that feeling. (Just checked the Del Ton site, no rifle kits sold out there.)

I know the gun control drum is beating loudly again, but it seems more like a PC bait and switch to distract from the true root cause, islamic terrorism.

Their shrillness is in direct proportion to their frustration from knowing they won't be able to confiscate or ban a single gun this time either.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I mean they had whole kits for under $400 for Black Friday, of course they are sold out.

It's pretty sad that after every tragic event we go looking for a panic.

There is another thread about "ammo panic" because his Walmart was out yet I can still find plenty online at regular prices. Just hype.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I would agree with what is being said. Seems to us like mostly first time buyers seeing this stuff happen and going, "well i really should look into something to protect myself". We havent seen the panic like in the past where it has been give me that black machine gun on the wall i dont care what it is or what it costs.

Take that with a grain of salt as that is only what we've observed at 1 shop in fort wayne.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I don't foresee a big panic like after Sandy Hook. I did notice a lot of first time shooters at the gun range yesterday. Very encouraging to see people choosing not to be victims.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm seeing a lot of first time buyers buying. That's mostly it. There is a low percentage of panic buying but it will taper off. People need to chill. If you haven't been buying guns and mags the last 8 years then you've been out of touch with reality anyways

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    It would be great if most of the recent EBR sales are to first-time buyers. The more Democrat saber-rattling in DC, the more they'll have to try to come and take later if SHTF. I wonder how many fewer guns would lawfully be in private hands if Obama and his co-conspirators had just kept their mouths shut?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    On INGO- "All Americans should have a gun to defend themselves."

On INGO- "Everyone is buying guns. Oh no. I can't get what I need for a cheap price."

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I made an observation and asked a question in the OP...

Heard on INGO: Not what one said attributed to oneself. Or something like that.

Apologies if I'm guilty of reciprocating.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    On INGO- "All Americans should have a gun to defend themselves."

On INGO- "Everyone is buying guns. Oh no. I can't get what I need for a cheap price."

You, sir, have captured the essence of INGO.

Anywho, I like the ups and downs of the market. Price ain't nothing but information.:D

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    FWIW, two big nationwide distributors I checked with today were pretty much out of ARs: DerPMS, Bushhamster, Colt, whatev... They had the occasional LH Stag gun or 24" free-float HB varminter in stock, but regular ARs? Zero Qty all the way down the page.

Also? Bupkis for 9mm G-locks. I don't know about retail buyers, but this tells me that dealers have already been stampeded.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    If there is a run I am glad I finished my AR build during PSA black Friday sale. For once my timing was on. Hopefully after the holidays things will get back to normal whatever normal is these days.

Top Bottom