• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    This has happened to me so many times over the last 5 decades, with both gun related and non-gun related items, that I don't even care any more. If a friend and I are considering making any purchase of the same item over 50 bucks or so, I tell them to let me buy it first, then they can buy it cheaper the next week when it goes on sale. :abused:

Jon Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2021
    Warsaw
    Like Sigblaster, I too let all family and friends know before I make any sizeable purchase because it will always, and I mean always drop in price in the near future. I guess God uses me to help others save money! Ha, Ha, Ha!

Jon Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2021
    Warsaw
    I guess yall need to start shopping at Costco. They always do the discount thing even after a few weeks....... but they don't have all of the goodies that PSA has. :)

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Like Sigblaster, I too let all family and friends know before I make any sizeable purchase because it will always, and I mean always drop in price in the near future. I guess God uses me to help others save money! Ha, Ha, Ha!
    Sometimes, I get the other end of the deal.

When I was in high school, many years ago, I worked at Sears. Someone put price tags on typewriters that were supposed to be $144.00. He f'ed up and put $14.40 price tags on them. That decimal point can be a bastard. Some dude bought all 10 that were on the shelves. There was a bit of a disageement at the register, and a manager was called over. He honored the marked price, said it was the law and they had to. Later, in college business law, I learned that was true. Filed that bit of knowledge away.

Many years later, a couple of my kids had put My Size Barbie on their Christmas lists. I didn't even know what they were, but my wife told me they were these big Barbie dolls, and they were like $150 a piece. Well, being a poor Soldier, there wasn't any way that was going to be in the budget. I was at the store one day, doing a little Santa shopping, and I see these things packaged as My Size Barbies, but they're labeled $12.50 each. I figure these aren't the right things, so I head out to the pay phone in the lobby to call my wife and see if I'm looking at the right thing. Well, she doesn't answer, so I put three of them in the cart (my friend's daughter had one on her list too), and finish shopping for other stuff, and head up to the register. Of course, they scan at $125.00 each, so the manager has to get involved, and I get them for $12.50 each. :) Hero of the day!

Don't sweat it OP. It's going to happen a lot more, but hopefully sometimes, you'll leave someone else holding the poop end of the stick.

Last edited:

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    One more example. I hesitate to post it here because you never know who's a member.

I picked up an antique gun in a little shop a few weeks ago. I liked the look of it, but I wasn't sure about the price. I tried to research it on my phone, but it was an inefficient way to research things, and I couldn't be sure of what it actually was or what it was worth. It was inexpensive enough at under $300 out the door, so I bought it on a whim. Later, I found a gunbroker auction with the same model in a very similar condition for sale, so I followed it, and it sold for $715 plus tax and shipping. Not that I want to sell my gun, but now I know what it's worth and how I did with the purchase. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    As hard as a lot of stuff is to find these days, if you see it and have the money and want it go for it. Don’t look back, you’ll only drive yourself nuts.
    Yeah, now is not the time to be shy with your money. It'll probably get much worse before things normalize. And when they do normalize, you might be surpised at what the new normal is.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I posted something similar about teddy12b and me in the "Is Silver Next?" thread in the Survival subforum. Seems like any time either of us buys silver it immediately drops in price. You're welcome. :):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    OK, this doesn’t happen very often these days, but how is this any different than gassing up your car and passing by the same station the following day and seeing that the price went down? Anybody demand to be paid back the difference?

I paid to see a movie in theater. Now it's free on demand. I'll just head on back to the theater to demand my ticket refund.

Levergun1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2021
    Kingman
    Several times, with PSA, I have gotten an email notice in the AM about a sale item and by lunch they were sold out.

Always wonder if they had 6 or 60 in inventory. Lol

Hard to be mad when it's firearms we are talking about, in the market we've had for the last several years and with PSA, it's usually a "daily deal" not a week long sale.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Always wonder if they had 6 or 60 in inventory. Lol

Neither is enough to bother running a sale.

We got a shipment of a certain SKU of refurbs that was around 250 units. They sold out in 45 minutes.

We do not have the reach of PSA. When they offer sales, they do not have single, double, and probably not tripple digits of the item.

Top Bottom