• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    PSA to my surprise, shipped really quick. Ordered Monday, got the parts kit Thursday, barreled action Friday. Everything went together easily, with the exception of the dust cover needing some fitting. It was long which I actually prefer so I can get a good fit, and only took just a few minutes with a flat file. I think it's uglier than sin, but the Magpul furniture feels great, and the stock locks up really tight. They did a nice job on the mag release, good fit on a wide range of mags.

Rivets are tight and crushed really round. Spot welds look good, and extractor looks to be properly trimmed.

So far, I'm really happy, but I'm not going to form an opinion until I put a thousand or so rounds through it. Hopefully I can slip out tomorrow to my family's rural property and warm the barrel up. I'm curious how it shoots, since the barrel specs are really good (4150 / Melonite).

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    What I like is the option for a barreled action and parts kit sans furniture. Who doesn't have a bin of extra stocks, handguards, etc that one could use. Of course at their price, you could probably sell the Magpul stuff and recoup more than the difference.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    lol that guy must not have looked at very many AKs if he thinks what he is seeing is a problem. Granted, I can't see what he is seeing because his pictures are crap, but lots of his "issues" are more or less normal idiosyncrasies of the AK.

Top Bottom