• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    What sucks is the fact that they are charging you for the extra mag and for the duty holster, which comes with each gun originally.

At least that's what the dealer that I bought my P6 from told me when I got mine (over a year ago)...came with two original Sig mags and he told me to pick a holster from the pile on the table...

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    What sucks is the fact that they are charging you for the extra mag and for the duty holster, which comes with each gun originally.

At least that's what the dealer that I bought my P6 from told me when I got mine (over a year ago)...came with two original Sig mags and he told me to pick a holster from the pile on the table...

While you may think this sucks, nobody is forcing anyone to buy from them and if someone else had them in stock and offered the holster and extra mag with them, I'd suggest buying form them instead.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Many wholesalers take the extras out of the boxes. It's not illegal but I think unethical. I try to deal with the wholesalers and local dealers that give you what comes with the gun and not try to sell the stuff to you at an extra cost.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Many wholesalers take the extras out of the boxes. It's not illegal but I think unethical. I try to deal with the wholesalers and local dealers that give you what comes with the gun and not try to sell the stuff to you at an extra cost.

I don't know if I'd go so far as "unethical," that's a pretty harsh word...but it does suck for us buyers trying to maximize our dollars.

But thanks. Your post was my point. I think next time I'll just say something along to lines of suggesting folks buy their P6 (in this example) from a friendly Indiana gun shop, like Rendevous Gun Shop, if they can, so that they can get all the extras that import with the gun, with the gun they buy.

Now when I visit Rendevous' table at the 1500 this weekend, they better not make a liar out of me. :D

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Last summer, when I was looking into getting one of these babies, J&G had a lower price than Aim or CDDN, but didn't include the second mag or holster. I think that's fair.

I ended up missing these the first go, luckily INGO saved the day.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Last summer, when I was looking into getting one of these babies, J&G had a lower price than Aim or CDDN, but didn't include the second mag or holster. I think that's fair.

I ended up missing these the first go, luckily INGO saved the day.

Do you happen to remember what they were going for when they first came into the country? I got mine for $299 with the second mag and holster at the May 2008 1500.

I just think it's an interesting demand type thing I guess. I remember one day just out of the blue seeing a bunch of threads on different forums about West German police trade-in Sigs hitting the market and how great of a buy they were.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Roll your eyes all you want. Its still only $370 for what is essentially a $600 gun.

I picked one up a year ago for $295 locally. It came with one spare mag, a leather magazine pouch, and a duty holster. Was that a better deal than the current offer? Hell Yes. Is the current offer a bad deal? Hell no.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Do you happen to remember what they were going for when they first came into the country? I got mine for $299 with the second mag and holster at the May 2008 1500.

I just think it's an interesting demand type thing I guess. I remember one day just out of the blue seeing a bunch of threads on different forums about West German police trade-in Sigs hitting the market and how great of a buy they were.

$270 with both mags & holster & $250 with only one mag IIRC.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    The P6 will be catching the CPO's if the sellers keep working the market and shouting Obama, Obama.

Hopefully the P6 prices will tank soon around 350-400, we can hope...:rockwoot:

Top Bottom