• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    Shooting my 10/62 P38 tonight, I experienced misfires which led me to believe it broke a firing pin, for there was zero indication of a strike on the primer. This happened after using the decocker...a breeze blew over a target box I had at 50' and I decocked it and stepped down to set it back up. The first thing I noticed was it was fully locked into battery. I figured it was a dud after two double action hits and two single action ones, till I unlocked it to discover no primer indent. I broke 'er down and popped of the cover to discover everything was perfect. The thingy that engages the firing pin block fully "went up" numerous times even with firm downward finger pressure. The block freely went all the way up and down, and after repeated engagement of decocker the firing pin would go fully forward with the free moving block pushed up. Everything lightly lubed, clean as a whistle. Put it back together and she ran flawlessly, couldn't get it to repeat after a few more decocks. The misfired cartridge was the first to fire after re-assembly, and ALL spent casings fired this evening had nice, deep primer hits. What happened? It's far from me... At a total loss.

Top Bottom