• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    I was in Plainfield Shooting Supplies today, and Bob was telling me that He wont be taking any Guns to the upcoming 1500 gun and knife show. He said he has 20 tables and he is only going to take high demand items like Pmags, and other High Cap. Mags. Slide fire stocks, Reloading supplies. I.e. Primers, presses, etc. I'm just wondering how many other Vendors will be doing the same? With the extremely low inventory that seems to be hitting everyone, will there be more vendors selling accessories than guns. I cant blame them for not wanting to get rid of their entire stock in case they struggle to replenish it. I cant wait to go and fight the crowd like i do every time just to see whats out there.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I am going just to see the CROWD, visit a few friends, the INGO table, and see Knife Lady ..... I missed her the last time .....
    After, I am going to Profire, and pick up some much needed reloading supplies .....

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I know the people at Fort Liberty were saying they may skip this show completely since they didn't have enough in stock to make it worth spending the money on a table.

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    Speaking of Fort Liberty in Avon. I've been calling local GS's every few days looking for pmags & handgun mags. To my surprise they had pmags in stock.......for $50 each. I'll NEVER be that desperate.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Speaking of Fort Liberty in Avon. I've been calling local GS's every few days looking for pmags & handgun mags. To my surprise they had pmags in stock.......for $50 each. I'll NEVER be that desperate.

let's hope you are right.. A friend of mine who survived the Bosnian war , he was a local, paid $5000 for an AK and $100 each for mags when he could find them for sale..
    he town was lucky that a lot of the old folks had hidden arms during the end of WWII ..

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Doesn't have them out for sale in the shop, they are part of the inventory they are taking to the 1500. I tried to buy some M&P 9 mags the other day and they told me all their high capacity mags were going to the 1500.

Why wouldn't you sell them to willing customers already in your store unless you're planning on bending people over at the show?

Sorry, but there is no explanation for this that isn't shady...

MeatyBacchus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Why wouldn't you sell them to willing customers already in your store unless you're planning on bending people over at the show?

I think Bob's a good dude and I can't see him being one of the many gougers.

He's probably just ensuring he has something to bring to the show, as I'm sure he's already paid his table prices.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good

+1 on that. So, you won't reward and NOT gouge your faithful customers that have been buying guns/ammo/accessories at your shop by not making them available at your shop?? Makes no sense to me and I have bought a gun or two from him.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I stopped in Fort Liberty for the first time Saturday since I happened to be in the area. I bet they didn't have 20 guns total in the shop (although they did have an SKS for $500 - must've been the clamp-on bipod that made it so expensive :n00b:). Didn't really see much in the way of accessories either. Went to Bradis after that and while they had a few more guns, it was freakishly bare there as well. I'll be glad when this panic crap is over! :(

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe all the vendors have already paid for their tables. Bob always has stacks of inventory to go to the show, as a matter of fact he pretty much brings every gun he has in the shop and the shop closed that weekend. I don't recall previous shows that they ever brought reloading supplies and ammo? So if he has magazines and reloading stuff for this show he is probably holding items back to sell at the show to at least make his money back. If he sold pmags to every regular that came in, he.probably wouldn't have any to bring and would be out $2K for the tables.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe all the vendors have already paid for their tables. Bob always has stacks of inventory to go to the show, as a matter of fact he pretty much brings every gun he has in the shop and the shop closed that weekend. I don't recall previous shows that they ever brought reloading supplies and ammo? So if he has magazines and reloading stuff for this show he is probably holding items back to sell at the show to at least make his money back. If he sold pmags to every regular that came in, he.probably wouldn't have any to bring and would be out $2K for the tables.

That doesn't make sense. Don't sell to your customers in the shop, so you can pack up, drag your stuff out to the fairgrounds to sell? The money for the tables is already spent. Why would it matter if you sell now or wait two weeks?

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    That doesn't make sense. Don't sell to your customers in the shop, so you can pack up, drag your stuff out to the fairgrounds to sell? The money for the tables is already spent. Why would it matter if you sell now or wait two weeks?

Sell the product you ordered for a bit higher price? Dunno, makes sense to me instead of paying for empty tables at the show and the ability to at least make your money back. :rolleyes:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Bob is a good guy and a good businessman.

Me? I am going to the 1500 just to see the people also. It will be an interesting show.

Top Bottom