Organizing an OC event in Indy! Stand up for your Rights!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The Date and Time are Set! September 26th, the walk starts No later than 1pm. I would like all those who are attending to be at the meeting point an hour early for pre-walk planning. Thanks!

We will be meeting here... Indianapolis - Google Maps

That parking lot next to the parking garage just to the south of Maryland (US40). It's an elevated surface parking right next to the Heliport. This is where we will meet.

Also, I"m encouraging everyone to bring a bottle of water. Not everyone's will make it into the cooler, but it'll be there. Unless you carry it with you that is.

I also need someone to drive a van that will be on standby for us with the cooler, medical supplies, and general transport should someone need to suddenly leave. The van won't need to keep driving around unless they want to, but that's up to them.

Also, we need medical supplies. Beyond a small walmart first aid kit, I got nothing.

After-Walk Dinner....
    Private dining area, good food, family friendly prices

Paragon Family Restaurant

Restaurants & Food

restaurant

Locations

Indianapolis

Here's the idea. In the wake of patriots stepping up to the plate and carrying their firearms openly at high profile events, I have decided to organize an Open Carry event here in Indianapolis.

I don't expect many will want to be the guinea pigs for the first go around, but all I'm asking for is a few good men and women to step forward.

This will be held in Indianapolis and the date is not set yet. It will most likely be a weekend for best turnout.

Bring your AR15, AK47, Dragonuv, Benelli Shotguns, SBR's, Bolt Gun of your choice, and Open Carry your finest pistol(s).

Consider this a Gun Owner's Pride Walk and a first in the State. We may start small, but we have to start somewhere.

Dress is completely up to you but I suggest nothing too offensive. We want to keep this civil. We also don't want to look like some paramilitary milita the media warns the public about either.

The INGO namesake has been requested to stay off anything associated with this Walk. All materials should not include anything to do with INGO. Thank you.

Here's the thread where you can discuss the information going into the Info Packets we will hand out on the Walk.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ackets_statement_of_intent_for_oc_walk-3.html

This is our Statement of Intent...

Statement of Intent: Why we walk today

A group of your fellow American citizens and residents of the great state of Indiana have assembled together in a peaceable manner to help educate our fellow Hoosiers about our rights to lawfully keep and bear arms. In our modern society, many non-gun owners may feel that our historic firearms rights are outdated. We are here today to bring attention to the fact that an armed citizenry has been at the foundation of our liberties since the formation of our great nation and must continue without infringement so that those freedoms we hold most dear may survive.

Most of us are aware that the Constitution of the United States of America is the first codification of the individual’s right to keep and bear arms. The 2nd Amendment, in a section called the Bill of Rights, states that, “the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” Many Hoosiers may not know that the Constitution of the State of Indiana also expressly addresses the issue of our rights to bear arms in Section 32: “The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State.”

Why were our founding fathers so concerned about the common citizen’s ability to own and bear arms?

When these constitutions were written, the authors’ overriding concern was to avoid the tyranny of the many centralized, monarchical governments of Europe. Their experience was that too much power granted to a centralized national government inevitably led to a trampling of the rights of the people. The most important guarantor of the people’s rights was to ensure that they could always keep and bear arms. The Founders reasoned that no standing army raised by a central government could ever overpower the public because they would always be outnumbered many fold. If one studies the great despotic schemes of the 20th Century such as the Russian revolution, China’s Maoist revolution, Nazi Germany, and Castro’s Cuba, one of their first objectives was to confiscate the public’s firearms. Totalitarian governments are afraid to allow the people this freedom because they know it will inevitably lead to resistance to their total control of their societies.

While it may be hard to believe that these types of totalitarian governments would ever emerge in the United States, our Founding Fathers were fearful enough and wise enough to expressly and permanently make private ownership of guns a permanent part of our legal landscape for the express purpose of deterring any such usurping of the people’s power. The Founders trusted the people rather than the corrupting power of large central governments.

Today, we are witnessing increasing hostility toward the time honored right of private gun ownership and carry rights in America.

The Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches of our powerful, centralized federal government have made various attempts to weaken or revoke our traditional firearms rights. We have also seen attempts at the state level to infringe on this bedrock right that, thankfully, have failed to date. However, we fear, like our Founding Fathers, that attempts to weaken or circumvent the 2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution have been increasing and could someday be successful if we don’t raise awareness of these issues with all Hoosiers.

We walk in solidarity with our Founding Fathers and the generations of Hoosiers and Americans that preceded us, in proclaiming our important legal rights to keep and bear arms. As law-abiding citizens, we seek the vigilant support of all our fellow Hoosiers, whether gun owners or not, to defend our liberties against those who would seek to diminish our national and state rights to keep and bear arms.

If you will attend please email me at tha.daddy@yahoo.com. Use yes or Maybe in the subject line so I know it's from this group and if it hits the spam filter I can find it. Please include your Username, email address, real name is optional (first name, last initial), and any suggestions you might have. :patriot::ingo:

Ok, we got a good list going finally. I'm proud of you all! I'm sure more will be willing to email me when the date is set. I WILL post the date once it's decided on. You will have plenty of time to request off that weekend if need be.

Colt45er
    Archbishop
    Versuchstier147
    ATM
    Tommy2Tone
    Henktermaat
    2ADMNLOVER
    tonyscomputery
    bwegner
    The Meach
    millsusaf
    thompal
    Beau
    Andy219
    quicksdraw
    mk2ja
    raider600
    ATF Consumer
    Brown
    dont_tread_on_me
    semperfi211
    Mgderf
    Jeremiah
    cavemike
    Glockster
    darwin-t
    furbymac
    Hammeralan
    kingnereli
    mk2ja

If your name isn't on that list please email me the information as requested on the list at tha.daddy@yahoo.com. This way I can get you in the database and update this post with those planning or wanting to attend. Rest assured your private info (email, real name) will not be released without your consent.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

The first meeting went very well. It's discussed below. There will be a second meeting scheduled after our meeting with IMPD. I will keep you updated as to the results of this meeting and when the next one to be scheduled will be.

Also, those who attend will be given copies of pertinent laws and rules in case anyone we encounter has questions. Such as the media. LTCH is required for those carrying guns please. This is only to ensure that you are legal to carry. If you do not have a LTCH, a current military ID or Law Enforcement document will work as well.

If you do not have any of these things or would prefer to carry concealed or not at all, you are more than welcome to still come and show your support. We need well spoken people that would be willing to speak with the media for interviews and know our talking points well.

Also, we need camera men/women. We need as many as possible to cover the whole group and anything that happens, good or bad. I would like the whole thing documented and possibly uploaded to YouTube. Still pictures too.

Thanks everyone!

So if every one involved is packing pistols and rifles with full mags and one in the pipe tell what you are going to do with those when you all start squeezing in a booth at Mickey D's?

I've read several threads here espousing the thought it is a danger to every one around for a police officer to handle your firearm, unload or expect you to reload safely in a public setting, so what are you going to do with your AR and, 30 round magazines, Glock and back up and all the magazines, not to mention the guys who can't wolf down a burger in comfort with out a neck knife and a K-bar on their belt?

There will be no crowding around. This will have safety as the top priority. Pistols can be chambered but not, I REPEAT NOT THE RIFLES!!!!

There must be no "Showing Off" your piece and no fumbling of the rifles. Leave them slung over your shoulder. We're all adults here. If you see an unsafe act, correct the person. Be kind. No arguing. No "Mine is better than yours."

Any unsafe handling of firearms and you will be asked to leave.

Also, there has been a lot of talk about our purpose and our percieved intent with this Walk. We plan on having a statement of intent written up that will be distributed to the media outlets before the Walk that will clearly state that we are a non-violent, independent grassroots group of individuals who wish to educate the public as to their rights. Another part of our purpose is to wake up all Gun Owners to take a stand for their rights and show them a different option other than writing letters and making phone calls that fall on deaf ears and in trash cans.

This is a call to all Patriots to get out there and make their voices heard loud and clear. We can no longer afford to sit back and hope that our rights will not get taken from us and pay our dues and expect others to fight our battles for us. See the NRA and GOA. Only by getting out there and making their voices heard will those in power listen to us. They are not doing that now and it shows.

This is our chance to make a difference. Let's make the best of it and as safely as possible. :patriot:

Something else has been brought to my attention that I feel I must discuss a little further. We cannot have signs because it will require a permit. Permits require a 30 day notice and an 8 day filing period. That is too long to wait and too expensive a hassle.

We WILL, however, be working on a packet of information to hand out to anyone willing to listen and learn. This is the best we can do for the everyday people we encounter. The media will have people they can talk to. If they try to corner anyone into making a dumb statement, it simply won't happen. We will have dedicated media spokespeople and anyone who is not one of these people will just simply refuse to speak to the media. Politely of course. If there is a reporter such as the CNN reporter that was hostile at the Tea Party to the man with his small child they will be asked aside. If they continue their hostility we will figure out how we will handle such a hostile person. Any hostility will most likely be met with silence and all of us ignoring that person. The best they can hope for is someone handing them a packet of information and a "vaya con dios".

This would make a good thing to discuss.

Meeting about the route went very well. We have a route set and possibly a meeting point. I will announce the meeting point as soon as it's cleared but the route will only be revealed at the meeting point on the day of the Walk!!!!

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    About the initial Face to Face meeting. The Foundation has been laid. There is still much work to be done. Join us!

Great job guys! Thanks to all who attended! We thought there might be a hang up as far as the march goes, but I think all the legal standings have been worked out. We had a guy there at the meeting tonight who has had some out of state exeriance with an event like this and from our understanding of the laws concerning marches/parades, we will not require a permit for this event. We will be setting up a meeting with IMPD this week to have an initial talk with them. We know we do not require a permit, but we want to work with IMPD on this as much as possible so that they know we are well intentioned and that there will be no problems out of either us or them concerning this walk....

One thing we discussed is that this needs to be refered to as a Walk. Not a March. According to the Indianapolis Code the definition of a Parade is...

"Sec. 411-201. Definitions.
    As used in this article, the following terms shall have the meanings
    ascribed to them:

Director shall mean the director of the department of public safety.

Parade shall mean any parade, march, ceremony, show, exhibition, pageant or
    procession of any kind, or rallies or demonstrations, or any similar
    display, in or upon any street, park or other outdoor place owned or under
    the control of the city.

Parade permit shall mean the permit required by this article.

It states STREETS PARKS ETC. Later on in the code it exempts the following....

DIVISION 2. PARADE PERMITS

Sec. 411-221. When required.
    (a) Except as provided in subsection (b), no person shall engage in,
    participate in, aid, form or start any parade, unless a parade permit
    therefor has been obtained from the director as provided in this division.
    (b) The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:
    (1) Funeral processions;
    (2) Lawful picketing in a labor dispute or orderly processions on the
    sidewalks that do not violate the provisions of this Code or other city
    ordinances;
    (3) A governmental agency acting within the scope of its functions.
    (Code 1975, § 21-32)

Notice the highlighted part. If we keep everyone ON the SIDEWALKS and do not BLOCK sidewalk traffic, we will not need a permit. We are not lawyers, but that seems pretty clear.

There will be no SIGNS, no FLAGS, no CHANTING. According to the Code if we have vehicles included that are to ride WITH us along the route we take, we will not only require a permit, but liability insurance as well....

(b) No parade permit shall be issued unless the applicant therefor shall
    obtain a comprehensive general liability insurance policy, issued by an
    insurance company authorized to do business in the state, with coverage that
    includes the assembly area, the parade route, the disbanding area of the
    parade and any other area used by the participants of the parade. The city
    shall be named as an additional insured on the policy. The policy limits of
    said insurance shall not be less than:
    TABLE INSET:

Property damage $5,000.00 each occurrence
    Bodily injury or death 25,000.00 each person;
    50,000.00 each occurrence

<snip>

(d) The requirements of subsections (b) and (c) of this section shall not
    be applicable to parades composed of pedestrians only and which do not
    include any vehicles or animals. If motor vehicles are to be included,
    evidence of public liability insurance with the same limits on such vehicles
    may be accepted in lieu of the insurance required in subsections (b) and
    (c).

So we can get around THIS part by having support vehicles ON CALL. They can't accompany on us along the route, but we can have them roving around and parking on side streets along the way in case someone gets sick, hurt, or we need water or medical supplies. We don't need people carrying these things with them and we need vehicles that can evac anyone who may need to leave the group. This way we can avoid the permitting process.

This should take care of any legallity questions concerning the permitting process. We will be setting up a meeting with IMPD to confirm all this and inform them of our intentions. There should be NO legal blockades and should have no more issues in this area.

This whole thing was only brought to my attention last night by a friend of a friend who happens to be a lawyer well versed in gun laws and has some experiance with this. One option was to split up into groups, but this was decided to cause too much headache on both us, and the police, should they get multipule calls about men with guns coming for multipule locations. We decided a singluar group would serve as the best route with the least amount of Headache for everyone.

Yes, we did set a date! SEPTEMBER 26th! That is the date for this event! Remember, WALK, not March. :D Gotta pound that into my own head now... :): But the date is set. If there's bad weather an alternate date was discussed for the following weekend in October. I know a lot is going on in October, but the sooner the better.

We decided on the 26th because no one could think of anything special going on that day. Unfortunately we didn't have a laptop with us because the two people that said they could bring one had issues and could not come. I apologize for that. Feel free to beat me with a wet noodle. But the date has been set for a month from now because it gives us ample time to allow people to request off work and, if by some remote chance we are FORCED to get a permit we have time to apply. Maybe. If there will be a permit things will change dramaticlly, but we don't see it happening.

In order to conform to make sure we don't require a permit, a few things MUST be conformed to. Somethings I already mentioned, but I want to drive this home to you all so there are no questions. First, this must remain on the sidewalks. Of course we'll have to cross streets, so we'll have to make sure the group stays together. We cannot BLOCK sidewalk traffic. Even if everyone runs to the other side of the street, we have to make sure that people can still pass by us. No one is to set foot on the streets.

Second, no signs. It may not qualify us for a permit by carrying signs, but I would think carrying rifles and shotguns on our backs is a statement that needs no signs. If was discussed that no FLAGS be carried either. While I don't like not not be able to have a color guard, this will be a question posed to IMPD if we can do so anyway. If not, ok, but I'd REALLY like to have a color guard.

Third, support vehicles. These MUST be roving, on call vehicles. They will carry the food/drink and medical supplies and anything else we'll need that shouldn't be carried. There will be a couple people IN the group with small medical packs that have some experiance, I think even one is an EMT, so that people can be taken care of until the car/van shows up to take them away. There are plenty of hospitals in the area so unless it SERIOUS we won't need ambulance support.

Also, we will need one vehicle scouting the route infront of the group for people who might be trying to cause trouble. It will be their job to inform the contact person in the group and/or police. I don't atticipate problems, but better safe than sorry.

We will meet in a central starting point for the Walk and we will go over safety procedures and making sure everyone is safe and legal.

This means whatever time we decide on at the next meeting, which will be afternoonish, everyone attending will be required to show up 30 minutes early. This way we can make sure everyone is legal (checking LTCH's) and that everyone gets a copy of the rules/laws and talking points should anyone ask questions.

We need:

2 support vehicle drivers. We have one, need two more.
    AT LEAST 4 camera people. 1 back, 1 front, 1 for each side. More is better.
    4 designated spokespeople. These people will be the go-to speakers for interviews.

There will be a second FTF meeting scheduled after the initial meeting with the IMPD to discuss the route farther. It was mentioned, but not settled on.

Also, if you don't want to Open Carry that's okay. You are ALL still encouraged to attend this event. You can be one of the people needed mentioned above if you wish or just come walk with us in silent support. You don't even have to carry if you don't want. Just come out to support us!

Comments? Questions?

Just getting these out the way, Here are Indianapolis' firearms codes. These are to be observed along with all state and federal laws. We are not here to break the law, advocate violence, or start a revolution unless it be a peaceful one.

Sec. 631-108. Discharging firearms.
    It shall be unlawful for any person, unless authorized by resolution of the board of parks and recreation, to discharge any firearms or have possession of any firearms or other explosive devices, or to endanger others by the use of any weapon, article or device, within any park, playground or on any property controlled or leased by the department of parks and recreation, or on which a concession has been granted by it.

(Code 1975, § 22-8)

Cross references: Weapons, ch. 451.

Chapter 451 WEAPONS*

Sec. 451-1. Sharp objects or instruments on the person.

Sec. 451-2. Firearms generally.

Sec. 451-3. Discharge of weapons across public ways.

Sec. 451-4. Display of dangerous weapons.

Sec. 451-5. Unlawful disposition of dangerous weapons.

Sec. 451-6. Possession and discharge of weapons on property of the department of waterworks.

<A id=TOC.1 name=TOC.1>
    Sec. 451-1. Sharp objects or instruments on the person.
    (a) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry around or have in his manual possession or control any ice pick or similar kind of sharp instrument, other than ordinary pocketknives, and such instruments described in subsection (b) of this section, unless the object is a necessary instrument of his lawful trade or occupation or for lawful use in his home, and is actually being carried and intended to be used for use in the performance of such trade or occupation, or for use in his home.

(b) It shall be unlawful for any person to wear or carry in any public street or place, elevator, public vehicle or place of assemblage any hatpin, ornament or sharp or pointed object, which has an exposed point or edge of more than one-half ( 1/2) inch, unless the point or edge is protected with a guard so as to cover it and prevent injury to any person coming in contact therewith.

(Code 1975, § 20-186)

<A id=TOC.2 name=TOC.2>
    Sec. 451-2. Firearms generally.
    (a) Within the police special service district, it shall be unlawful for any person to fire off, shoot at another person or otherwise use any dangerous weapon for any purpose other than in defense of his life or the life of another person, or the protection of his property or property entrusted to him by another person, or for practice at a range under the supervision and operation of a governmental entity, or without the prior written approval of the department of public safety.

(b) This section shall not apply to the United States Army, Navy or other armed forces, the National Guard, or to any duly constituted and authorized law enforcement and peace officer of any governmental unit, or to manufacturers and to repair facilities for testing purposes within a private range.

(Code 1975, § 20-187)

<A id=TOC.3 name=TOC.3>
    Sec. 451-3. Discharge of weapons across public ways.
    It shall be unlawful to shoot across or upon any public street or place, or toward a public way from any private premises, any bullet, pellet, missile or object impelled from any gun, pistol or weapon operated by means of any explosive charge, or by springs, air pressure or other means, or impelled from a slingshot, or any other device having force directed by the user thereof.

(Code 1975, § 20-188)

<A id=TOC.4 name=TOC.4>
    Sec. 451-4. Display of dangerous weapons.
    No pistol, revolver or other dangerous weapon of a similar character, which may be concealed and carried upon the person, shall be displayed for sale where it can be seen in or through any window of any structure fronting on any street or alley in the city.

(Code 1975, § 20-189)

<A id=TOC.5 name=TOC.5>
    Sec. 451-5. Unlawful disposition of dangerous weapons.
    No person shall sell, give, barter, exchange, lend or otherwise dispose of, or place in the possession of any known or suspected habitual user of narcotics or any known or suspected criminal or a person with criminal purpose, any type of machine gun, sawed-off shotgun, pistol or revolver, or ammunition therefor, or any knucks, billy, sandbag, dagger, dirk, bowie knife or stiletto, or any spring gun, sword cane or any other dangerous weapon of any similar character, which may be carried or concealed on or about the person and which are commonly used and fit to be used unlawfully to inflict harm on or to any person; or any tools, devices or jimmies commonly used for burglary. However, ordinary pocketknives with blades not exceeding five (5) inches in length and so known and sold in legitimate trade shall not be included in the terms of this section, and the provisions of this section shall not apply to any military forces, peace officers or other persons so excepted by law for the possession, use or disposal of any such things.

(Code 1975, § 20-190)

<A id=TOC.6 name=TOC.6>
    Sec. 451-6. Possession and discharge of weapons on property of the department of waterworks.
    (a) It shall be unlawful for any person, unless authorized by resolution of the board of directors of the department of waterworks, to discharge any firearms or have possession of any firearms or other explosive devices, or to endanger others by the use of any weapon, article or device, along or upon any reservoir owned, controlled or leased by the department of waterworks located in Marion County.

(b) The possession of a handgun by a person licensed to carry a handgun under IC 35-47-2 or by a person exempted from those licensing requirements by IC 35-47-2 shall not be unlawful under this section.

(c) The discharge of a firearm in protection of life or property as permitted by IC 35-41-3-2 shall not be unlawful under this section.

(d) Traditional fireworks celebrations and similar activities approved by the board of directors are not prohibited by this section.

(G.O. 106, 2005, § 1; G.O. 14, 2009, § 1)

Editor's note: G.O. 106, 2005, § 1, adopted Oct. 31, 2005, provided for the inclusion of a new section 451-3. Inasmuch as § 451-3 was not specifically repealed, the provisions of G.O. 106, 2005 have been redesignated as § 451-6 at the discretion of the editor.

Last edited:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Not being a layabout liberal, I have to cross-check anything against family and work obligations, but those permitting, I'm in.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Not being a layabout liberal, I have to cross-check anything against family and work obligations, but those permitting, I'm in.

Sounds good. I'm thinking in a couple weeks, maybe give IMPD a heads up before hand, but not advertise this everywhere. We'll tell the media about it a couple days in advance like the Brady's did with their meeting. That way we'll have little chance of "inflitrators". Also, would like to do this in the late afternoon before dinner time so dinner becomes an option for everyone.

Also, I'm open to addressing problem issues, but I don't want them to become a focal point. I'd like to keep this thread on track.

I've learned a lot from helping organize the Tea Parties. Luckily this isn't as involved, but the same principles apply. Best thing about this is the cost will be individual. Transportation costs, food and drink, etc. No fund raising here!

ONE MORE THING!!! When a date is decided on, we won't post it so only those who need to know will know. How's that?

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    So savage, is your plan just to take a walk around the city? Will we have signs? One thing if for sure, if we do not have signs and we all have long guns we definitely need to have what we are going to say to the police as i think they WILL be called. I am not concerned about this because we aren't doing anything illegal, but we need to have someone that can speak well and express our purpose. And everyone in the group needs to know the purpose.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So savage, is your plan just to take a walk around the city? Will we have signs? One thing if for sure, if we do not have signs and we all have long guns we definitely need to have what we are going to say to the police as i think they WILL be called. I am not concerned about this because we aren't doing anything illegal, but we need to have someone that can speak well and express our purpose. And everyone in the group needs to know the purpose.

Whole heartedly agree. No signs. But we will each have a copy of the pertinate laws and I'll bring my copy of Indiana Handgun law. We will all be well versed in the talking points before we start. Yes this will be a walk around town. Down the most highly traveled road in Downtown Indy.

I'm not a good speaker, but can take responsiblity if no one else will.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    gotcha.

We're going to have to have a FTF meeting with all those who want to attend. I'm sure if you can't make the meeting we can find someone with internet connection and get on IM or something.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    If i can come, which i hope i can, i will be Ocing my little Bersa and the trusty ole lever action 30-30...old school. Which brings me to this. What is the proper way to carry a gun with a sling?

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    If i can come, which i hope i can, i will be Ocing my little Bersa and the trusty ole lever action 30-30...old school. Which brings me to this. What is the proper way to carry a gun with a sling?

There are several different common ways. Each has their advantages and disadvantages and their own "following" (it can get as bad as wonder 9 vs .45 or Glock vs. whatever). I, personally like muzzle down on my left shoulder (I believe that's also called "African Carry"). The important thing to remember is muzzle control.

For an event like this, marching downtown with tall buildings around, I really think a muzzle-down carry is the way to go. Muzzle control first.

PointBlank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If you want, and someone can help you out, someone could lone you a long gun. Although it may be helpful if some don't have long guns. :dunno:

Either way works for me. I just think it's a great idea and I would love to make a stand with others

Top Bottom