• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Anyone ever had this? I’ve never had an issue until my tonsillectomy last December. I went to the ENT in June and he told me I had oral candida, gave me some dissolvable tablets and sent me on my way. I use a tongue scraper and took the tablets but it never completely goes away. Dr scared me the other day by telling me I need a biopsy done because usually people my age only get it with cancer or weakened immune systems. I’ve had blood work done a month ago and everything came back normal other than my folic acid was a bit low. Just wondering if anyone has fought this thing and what helped

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Sorry man--I hope you get this figured out and cleared up! But with that said, the following MUST be said:

I have absolutely nothing of value to offer here for advice... Except a possible cure:

BACON!!!!
    :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Only known cure is BACON!

Or maybe try Lysine and
    • Rinse the mouth with a diluted 3% hydrogen peroxide solution.
    • Rinse the mouth with warm saltwater.
    • Avoid mouthwash as it can alter the normal flora of the mouth.
    • Keep dentures clean and see a dentist if they do not fit correctly.
    • Eat unsweetened yogurt while taking antibiotics.

240sx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2019
    Fishers
    Wonder if using a light hydrogen peroxide with water rinse might help. Bad part is it dries out your mouth. There are special mouth washes for canker sores, could give it a shot

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I rinse with peroxide about once a week. Been doing that since high school. Dentist told me to dilute it because straight peroxide will eat enamel off my teeth. The thrush doesn’t really bother me, it just makes my mouth taste really nasty and since she mentioned people in my age group only getting thrush when they have cancer or weak immune systems it raised anxiety, so now I’m focusing on getting rid of it to see if it continues to return or not. Medical issues suck, this last 2 years have been hell medically.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I've heard that a paste of baking soda and water works, also apple cider vinegar gargle (diluted- 2 tablespoons per cup of water). Gentian violet works well (can be ordered online) but will dye whatever it touches for a while.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My mom had a bad case...30 ish years ago now?

Without wanting to scare you too much, it was one of the first symptoms she had that involved a very compromised immune system.

She ended up with environmental sensitivity disorder - basically allergic to dozens upon dozens of things. She got better!

I ain't no physician, but I'd quit alcohol and tobacco if you do either of those things. And sugar.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My mom had a bad case...30 ish years ago now?

Without wanting to scare you too much, it was one of the first symptoms she had that involved a very compromised immune system.

She ended up with environmental sensitivity disorder - basically allergic to dozens upon dozens of things. She got better!

I ain't no physician, but I'd quit alcohol and tobacco if you do either of those things. And sugar.
    I drink a Red Bull every morning and smoke cigarettes. If being allergic to things is all it is I would be happy with that, the c word is my only real concern. Anything else is just life altering, not life ending.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You need to quit both of those if you are really concerned about cancer. I don't care what anyone says, those energy drinks are ****ing toxic.

Note: Language filter is not working. :):
    It’s honestly probably as addictive or more addictive than cigarettes. I quit them both at the start of the year, was doing great then had a bad week and said **** it. But yes I agree, the ingredient label is longer than most restaurant menus

240sx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2019
    Fishers
    I would go sugar free if you can.
    These mask aren't helping either, my dentist thinks it's what causing me canker sores.
    Never had any problems till these damn masks

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I would go sugar free if you can.
    These mask aren't helping either, my dentist thinks it's what causing me canker sores.
    Never had any problems till these damn masks
    I don’t wear a mask, other than to the doctor because I have no other choice. If i go to a business that requires a mask I take my business elsewhere. So masks aren’t an issue, although I could see them causing problems for others.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom