• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    hey guys trying to sell my remington 700 to make money for another handgun.
    just cant decide what the 3 things on my short list are a 4 or 6inch 357, a 1911 and a 4or 6 inch 44 what you guys think

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    eh i'm thinkin more about a smith i never have liked the release on the rugers my dad's got an old security six

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    A good friend of mine used to have a Taurus 357 mag revolver. 5 1/2 in barrel I think, it shot pretty good. Never had any problems with it from what I can remember! He traded it in on a Rock Island Armory 1911 last year though. Rock Islands are very good guns for the price, you usually see the base GI model's though. Nicer models do exist with upgraded sights, and for less than $600. The base gun is around $500 these days I believe.

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    A good friend of mine used to have a Taurus 357 mag revolver. 5 1/2 in barrel I think, it shot pretty good. Never had any problems with it from what I can remember! He traded it in on a Rock Island Armory 1911 last year though. Rock Islands are very good guns for the price, you usually see the base GI model's though. Nicer models do exist with upgraded sights, and for less than $600. The base gun is around $500 these days I believe.

i had a ria gi it was nice. i've held the taurus 1911 it's nice just would like to have a series 70 but owell i'll prolly get w/e i can

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Ruger GP100 in .357 mag and a 4" barrel. It's tough as a tank and you can't go wrong with it! You can shoot .38's for keeping your shooting costs down...and yet load the .357 mags to 'hot' and bang away! :rockwoot:

There's several different grips available for it (Hogue, Badger Custom, Pachmyer, etc.) as well as holsters (Bianchi, DeSantis, Galco, Uncle-Mikes, etc.) to choose from! :yesway:

Lastly, Meprolight makes a really nice set of adjustable Tritium Night Sights if you are wanting to use it as a personal defense pistol. :D

Good luck...and happy shooting!!! :draw:

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    wish i could find one in four inch, all i've seen is 6's i'm gonna have it as a range gun i've got the beretta and ar for defense

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've got a 4" S&W 686 (no dash) that will NEVER leave my collection. Everyone that has had a chance to shoot it has loved it. Only thing I didn't like was the grips because of the size of my hands and the lack of size of the factory grips. Got some grips thrown in when I got it and take both sets to the range in case someone with lady-like hands wants to take some shots. Still might buy some pretty wood grips but it isn't a big "need".

Top Bottom