"Operation Dark Heart" - All 10,000 copies bought by DOD.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • _OZ_

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    In Search of the Holy Grail
    First I heard about it, but it will make the book #1 if they are really trying to buy them all...

I think the government tries to find new ways to waste our money while breaking our right... but I could be wrong...

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Unfortunately it is blocked. Amazon has it as follows:
    "Temporarily out of stock.
    Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item."

No Kindle version is available.

Last edited:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    What an excellent marketing move for the author and publisher. I don't see that this has been deemed a true National Security issue so if it was me, I'd reinvest and print 100k copies of this book. Everybody is going to want a copy!

If the government keeps buying, I'd keep printing them. What a waste of tax payer money!

To the OP - Yes, I see this as a form of censorship. Technically, it's not but there is a difference between being "right" and being "technically correct".

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    One on eBay sold for $300 in about 3 hours. The other is up to $200.

My order is in with Amazon. Not that I expect to actually get it.

I guess this is dense money, not stimulus money being spent. Still reeks!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If the info is indeed still classified, why can't the DoD just block the printing of the book? Why do they have to go to all the trouble and $$ to actually purchase all the copies? Seems very odd.

Or maybe the author has buddies at the DoD that are doing this to help him hype his book. In a couple weeks they'll "decide not to buy them all" and all the tinfoil hatters will go rushing to grab them up at any price. :dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    The Govt DIRECTLY responsible with 9/11? NO..... They want to protect us, freedom and other nonesense.

This isnt censorship, just a really nasty game of Easter hunting mixed with Hide 'n Seek.

Since Pearl Harbor, I dont put much past the Govt.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Apperently the book was cleared through normal channels and allowed to go to print then someone cried foul after actually seeing what was in the book. That prompted the DOD to retract their approval and since the book was already out they decided to buy up all the copies. I bet they won't even get close to getting them all. It's the govt for God's sake. I'm sure someone will gladly post the shocking horrible details within a week or so. Maybe we should wait for that goof from WIKIPEDIA to get it out! Who knows why they changed their minds anyway. I'm sure it isn't that damaging and will probably be a waste of taxpayer money in the end!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    you wanna know whats in the book?

the fact that our govt knew about 9/11 before it happened and played a part in it by either standing down, or by assisting, that way they could enter into a huge war and fuel the war machine and take away more rights.

then in afghanistan, we could have captured bin laden in the first months of the war but our own president stopped it to continue the war longer.

our govt is run by lying scum bags, there you go.

they have lied several other times to take us into war, do people REALY think they wouldnt do it again? look at all the FACTS around 9/11. not the theories, the FACTS. then look at what guys who were ON THE GROUND in afghanistan are telling you people and put it together. 9/11 was the biggest lie and intentional murder of U.S. citizens ever perpetrated by our govt. they know that once the majority of people know this that it will be over for them, and it should be. (please tell me there are still free thinking and intelligent people here)

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    you wanna know whats in the book?

the fact that our govt knew about 9/11 before it happened and played a part in it by either standing down, or by assisting, that way they could enter into a huge war and fuel the war machine and take away more rights.

then in afghanistan, we could have captured bin laden in the first months of the war but our own president stopped it to continue the war longer.

our govt is run by lying scum bags, there you go.

Ya but where is Waldo!! Sorry I couldn't resist:):

Top Bottom