• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Okay ... looks like the next open carry event will be in Broad Ripple at a coffee shop whose name and exact address have yet to be confirmed.
    • I'm thinking breakfast in the 0700 or 0800 time frame.
    • Wednesdays and Fridays are best for me; some Saturdays are doable.
    • Open carry is encouraged, but definitely not mandatory to join us. If you want to conceal or not carry at all, that's fine; you can still join the fun!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    OOhhhh if it's a fast 7:00 during the week, we might be able to make it. :) Weekends are almost always doable, but I know a lot of people would be grumbly about being up that early on a Saturday. ;)

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    I'm in.
    I'll walk my dog down as well if its the shop I think it is.
    p.s. anytime is good for me taking another 2 months off for my blown bicep

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Okay ... looks like the next open carry event will be in Broad Ripple at a coffee shop whose name and exact address have yet to be confirmed.
    • I'm thinking breakfast in the 0700 or 0800 time frame.
    • Wednesdays and Fridays are best for me; some Saturdays are doable.
    • Open carry is encouraged, but definitely not mandatory to join us. If you want to conceal or not carry at all, that's fine; you can still join the fun!
    T & I can make it 0800 on Sat. the 18th if you want..

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This Saturday (18OCT08) I have to be in Greencastle by 0930 at the latest ...

0700 too early?

It would be awesome to you have you and Teeny with us!

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    lol Really now? sounds cool! In a scary mob of guns kinda way..lol J/K I would love to come meet you great people. But im more of a lunch or dinner kinda person. So I will open carry that day all day. In support of your open carry breakfast! :)

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    This Saturday (18OCT08) I have to be in Greencastle by 0930 at the latest ...

0700 too early?

It would be awesome to you have you and Teeny with us!

well unless we stay @ my folks house over night we would be driving down from Laff.
    ( BTW my folks place is walking distance from that shop.. one of the reasons we would be in on this one..)
    So 0700 is probably to early for us..

Hey T brought up a question.. Do you guys have a standing plan on what will happen if you do get detained by police ?
    I know we have lawyers on call & possibly on site..

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Re: having a plan

Same plan as if I get pulled over for a traffic stop. Do what you're told. Answer questions succinctly. Offer no extra information. Do not engage in banter of any kind. Ask if I'm free to go. Worry about violations of civil rights and outright insults afterward.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you want to attempt to have an Open Carry meet at the Police Station near Broad Ripple, be my guest. :popcorn:However, I think the coffee shop idea might be a better one.

If the law doesn't prohibit it (and I am ignorant on this issue), why not do one there? The issue is with this officer, others who may be like him and the department. Address the issue head-on, that's all I'm saying.

What if there is another incident? The shop owner could very well hang a shingle on the door "no weapons". Certainly his right as a private property owner. If that does happen (here or anywhere else), then we could all loose a little more freedom.

It is a worthy fight, but I'm saying we should be cautious in selecting our battleground.

Top Bottom