Last edited:

gunbunny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2008
    Boilermaker Country
    Yes indeedy...!

Nothing like a pretty little PPK/S or single stack S&W to make the boys disappear into a cloud of Wile E. Coyote dust.

(Though part of me wonders if that's just due to a case of hammer-envy on the part of the guys.)

:eek: Please tell me we're talking about a firearm here.:D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes indeedy...!

Nothing like a pretty little PPK/S or single stack S&W to make the boys disappear into a cloud of Wile E. Coyote dust.

(Though part of me wonders if that's just due to a case of hammer-envy on the part of the guys.)

Teeny ... you mean you've actually met male people who got upset or fearful because a female person was carrying a pistola?

We have a variety of words for those types. The first phrase that comes to mind is that they were "ginormous pu**ies." If you encounter any more of them, just hand them a packet of Vagisil to soothe the pain in their mangina. Hopefully they won't wrinkle their skirt or get a run in their stockings.

The coolest things about chicks who carry guns:
    • They have acknowledged their own self-worth and realize they are valuable and worth protecting
    • They have taken responsibility for their own safety
    That implies two very important things: confidence and strength.

Both of those qualities are good (essential) in either sex.

Man, where did all of that last part come from (<--- note the dangling preposition)? I got all serious for a little while.

gunbunny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2008
    Boilermaker Country
    They aren't actually bad people, but they are so irrationally afraid of guns that itty bitty blonde librarian-girls appear to be hardcore inner city thugs when packing.

Yeah, I'm down wit da Lands End cardigan sweaters, yo. In the Subie family wagon with the flat four engine revvin', gonna roll wit my hubby to the 7-11. We need to get some soda and we ain't got any snackies. Got a custom compact Kimber in my capri fashion khakis...

I'm not scary! But I'm certainly not exempt from the assumptions people make about gun owners.

At a prior job, the crew thought it was hilarious to make jokes about me shooting up the workplace every day - which I had never shown any inclination towards doing, but they thought it was so funny that a girl was a shooter that it had to be used as joke fodder all day long. I eventually had to make the argument to HR that a consistent stream of insinuations about me being a person prone to violence (not! I swear, I'm not!) was defamatory and inappropriate, and that they could find a way to end the discussion or else I would find a lawyer willing to accomplish that for me.

I wasn't going to carry openly at the coffee shop in Broad Ripple because people never seem to quite know what to make of seeing a pistol on me. I don't have the clean-cut official look of most of the guys I know who carry where they could be mistaken for Something Official. It's like seeing Mr. Potato Head with one of the GI Joe weapons...

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    They aren't actually bad people, but they are so irrationally afraid of guns that itty bitty blonde librarian-girls appear to be hardcore inner city thugs when packing.

Yeah, I'm down wit da Lands End cardigan sweaters, yo. In the Subie family wagon with the flat four engine revvin', gonna roll wit my hubby to the 7-11. We need to get some soda and we ain't got any snackies. Got a custom compact Kimber in my capri fashion khakis...

I'm not scary! But I'm certainly not exempt from the assumptions people make about gun owners.

At a prior job, the crew thought it was hilarious to make jokes about me shooting up the workplace every day - which I had never shown any inclination towards doing, but they thought it was so funny that a girl was 0a shooter that it had to be used as joke fodder all day long. I eventually had to make the argument to HR that a consistent stream of insinuations about me being a person prone to violence (not! I swear, I'm not!) was defamatory and inappropriate, and that they could find a way to end the discussion or else I would find a lawyer willing to accomplish that for me.

I wasn't going to carry openly at the coffee shop in Broad Ripple because people never seem to quite know what to make of seeing a pistol on me. I don't have the clean-cut official look of most of the guys I know who carry where they could be mistaken for Something Official. It's like seeing Mr. Potato Head with one of the GI Joe weapons...

:postpics:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's not scheduled at all that I know. I only mentioned that the November is better for me, but I don't recall any concensus.

Top Bottom