• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tylerr23

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Wabash Indiana
    Anyone have one of these? Any dough recipes that you found are good? Tips/tricks? I've had mine for about 2 weeks and love it! So far just using basic dough recipes from ooni. I am trying a mellow mushroom copy cat recipe tonight and those pies are about to go on.
    c2f6e732f405b3e1c051c0d7c204b688.jpg
    5a11c9410fc362d4b9147b987a3d1d8f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have had mine for years. Use this calculator. Neopolitan Dough I always to 3 balls of dough with the default settings. You need a cheap digital scale from amazon to get it right. Use as little flour as you can when stretching it out. And teach the family to use very little toppings this is not a deep dish!

I half close the door and crank the heat on high for about 30 minutes. Then turn it down and pop it in. No drinking beer and jib jabbing as you know they are done in 60-90 seconds. Turn it back up in between pies. I had some 1/4 inch plywood I cut so multiple people could make pies and just use the metal one to turn and remove. Our favs are Pesto and provolone.

Video

tylerr23

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Wabash Indiana
    I have had mine for years. Use this calculator. Neopolitan Dough I always to 3 balls of dough with the default settings. You need a cheap digital scale from amazon to get it right. Use as little flour as you can when stretching it out. And teach the family to use very little toppings this is not a deep dish!

I half close the door and crank the heat on high for about 30 minutes. Then turn it down and pop it in. No drinking beer and jib jabbing as you know they are done in 60-90 seconds. Turn it back up in between pies. I had some 1/4 inch plywood I cut so multiple people could make pies and just use the metal one to turn and remove. Our favs are Pesto and provolone.

Video
    I was using the ooni calculator which broke down everything I needed into grams. I've had a scale for awhile and not alot to do with it until now the yeast is my biggest fault when it comes to the dough. I feel like sometimes it calls for too much yeast so I may cut back a tad on that. I've switched between active and quick with no noticeable difference to me. The mellow mushroom pizza last night was great tho. Im gonna probably use an ooni recipe and just add some molasses to it.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I dump it all in my bread maker on dough cycle. Refrig a few batches over night and then ball it up and let it rise for at least 2 hours the next day or two if I am having people over.

Carmelized onion, bacon and blue cheese is another favorite.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Anyone have one of these? Any dough recipes that you found are good? Tips/tricks? I've had mine for about 2 weeks and love it! So far just using basic dough recipes from ooni. I am trying a mellow mushroom copy cat recipe tonight and those pies are about to go on.
    c2f6e732f405b3e1c051c0d7c204b688.jpg
    5a11c9410fc362d4b9147b987a3d1d8f.jpg

Dang. You guys must be really skinny. What is that, like 1 mushroom and a couple of basil leaves on that pizza?? :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I dump it all in my bread maker on dough cycle. Refrig a few batches over night and then ball it up and let it rise for at least 2 hours the next day or two if I am having people over.

Carmelized onion, bacon and blue cheese is another favorite.
    That does sound good. But you use more than like 1 bleu cheese crumble, a bacon bit and one strand of onion, right? :stickpoke:

tylerr23

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Wabash Indiana
    That does sound good. But you use more than like 1 bleu cheese crumble, a bacon bit and one strand of onion, right? :stickpoke:
    If I'm ordering pizza I load it up but when I'm cooking it in the ooni I slim it down haha otherwise you'll just have a real soggy pizza and uncooked middle. 60 seconds start to finish at 900 degrees with wood chunks for fuel

This was last night simple pepperoni and mushroom pizza with olive oil topping and a cherry desert pizza with home made streusel and cream topping.
    b8b6f312f638cca6111024bf63016612.jpg
    652c9e8f53ae6fe56287a162c97b8a4b.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If I'm ordering pizza I load it up but when I'm cooking it in the ooni I slim it down haha otherwise you'll just have a real soggy pizza and uncooked middle. 60 seconds start to finish at 900 degrees with wood chunks for fuel

This was last night simple pepperoni and mushroom pizza with olive oil topping and a cherry desert pizza with home made streusel and cream topping.
    b8b6f312f638cca6111024bf63016612.jpg
    652c9e8f53ae6fe56287a162c97b8a4b.jpg

That does make sense from the cooking standpoint. And actually those are probably more like a true Italian pie. I went to Australia to visit a girl down there, and she took me to her family's farm. Her dad immigrated to Australia from Italy when he was pretty young. He made a pizza for dinner that really looked a lot like your pics (but made in a regular oven). Very light toppings but very good! I think we Americans tend toward the excess (at least I do :): ).

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    As far as crust goes, swing by a Trader Joe's if you have one close. I haven't had it in a few years but assuming they still carry it, they have pizza dough in a plastic bag in the refrigerator section. I always like the flavor but it can be a pain to work with, it's pretty sticky.

tylerr23

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Wabash Indiana
    That does make sense from the cooking standpoint. And actually those are probably more like a true Italian pie. I went to Australia to visit a girl down there, and she took me to her family's farm. Her dad immigrated to Australia from Italy when he was pretty young. He made a pizza for dinner that really looked a lot like your pics (but made in a regular oven). Very light toppings but very good! I think we Americans tend toward the excess (at least I do :): ).
    2 places on the top of my visit list are Italy and Australia these pizzas are pretty good. I mean I've had way better pizza but for a 300 dollar oven and 8 bucks worth of materials for 4 to 5 pizzas and im satisfied

tylerr23

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Wabash Indiana
    As far as crust goes, swing by a Trader Joe's if you have one close. I haven't had it in a few years but assuming they still carry it, they have pizza dough in a plastic bag in the refrigerator section. I always like the flavor but it can be a pain to work with, it's pretty sticky.
    I'll have to see where the closest one is. I can't think of any near me though (wabash)

Top Bottom