• ...and so much more!
  • rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    A pre-ban Poly Tech AK Legend underfolder with a spike bayonet.
    Colt King Cobra 4" barrel the gun was just okay I miss it cause of what it would sell for today.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Started buying guns in my last year of college (1973) after getting married.
    I had an army trainer .22LR luger that was very cool and accurate.
    It said US Army on it.
    Anyone I talked to said the Army never used a .22LR as a trainer.
    I don't know how old it was.
    I had picked it up in a pawn shop in Searcy, AR for $20; I sold it for $35 a couple of years later to buy a Ruger Mark 1 (cutting edge back then).
    It was a rare bird and maybe it wouldn't be worth anything, but it was a piece of history and I taught my new wife to shoot with it (been 46 yr. now).

Also, that year I picked up an old Colt .38 special that was a police gun (thin barrel).
    Probably worth a little money now, but at least my best friend has it in his safe now.
    I think I picked it up for $35.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I generally am OK with what I've sold...

But in hindsight, I could have doubled my investment on the HK P7 PSP I bought "cheap" several years ago.

I now wish I'd have kept the first G3 G17 I stumbled into. And the Springfield EMP. And both Walther P99s.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It would be easier to list the guns I'm glad I no longer have but not for the reasons you might think. Two nephews and a grandson have custom 10/22s. Another grandson has a Eagle Scout 10/22. One nephew has a Marlin 39M. All of them given as gifts. Guns I've sold either had a replacement take over their duties after a hard life or were guns I wished I'd never bought. Still have a couple of the latter.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I gotta say, I'm really disappointed this thread isn't about Sarah.

:):

As far as this thread goes, though, I don't have any firearms that I regret selling or trading. In fact, there's only one that I sold that I would even consider buying back: a Remington 521-T target .22 rifle. But even that one didn't get used enough to justify its spot in the safe.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My one regret was selling my Smith and Wesson model 65. I found another advertised as a 65, but it was a 64-3, matching assembly numbers, 357 magnum barrel, and 357 head spacing on the cylinder. On paper it doesn't exist. I haven't asked for a factor letter yet. It's an improvement over the one I let go.

kxWBIoI.jpg

IhdePzX.jpg

sm2Z6By.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    1. S&W Model 586, but I have since replaced it(686 this time), only this time with a 4" barrel vs 6"
    2. Ruger SA .22 revolver
    3. S&W Model 13 3". My brother owns it and would sell it back to me
    4. S&W Model 29 (Dirty Harry version). My brother has this one too.
    5. M&P 2.0 Compact. I am now on my second one

In actuality I don't really regret getting rid of those. Number 3 is probably the one I miss the most. It was a great car/garage, bathroom gun.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I also sold a Waffen Werks AKm-74 like 6 months before the panic after the Sandy Hook shooting. I could've also easily tripled my investment on that one. Had a pile of mags to go with it, too.

Again - I don't really regret selling it, I just realize the lost income from selling too early. :-)

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    When in college...some 37 years ago...passed on a brand new Colt Peacekeeper .357 4" with ribbed barrel and parkerized finish for around $240. Yep, measly $240. Should have bought it...especially what they are worth now!

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I miss my Universal Arms M1 Carbine (I know, it's not "real". I liked it anyway) that I traded for a Remington Speedmaster 552 BDL.
    And, the above mentioned Speedmaster that I traded for a Ruger 10-22, which I still have.

I'd still like to have an M1 Carbine, but their prices are too high.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    .Browning BDA .45, i.e Sig P 220.MH

ive got one of those!, I paid 125 for it about 5 years ago, its beautiful, since then ive picked up 3 more mags for it, I took it to a gun show once looking for a set of wood grips (the lanyard ring digs into my side, so I wanted to remove it), a dealer eagle eyed it, I had it kinda hidden by the way I was carrying it in my hand, the first thing out of his mouth was "how much for the browning?", not hello, not what you got, but how much for it!

you should have seen his face when I said its not for sale, it was like he was a 3 year old, and I ran over his puppy, or told him santa isn't real!, he then asked "if it was for sale, how much do you want?" I replied ive seen them sell, not listed for, but sell on gun broker for 500 (that was when I only had 1 mag for it), he yelled across the Evansville guard armory "where will I be at the next gun show?"...the promoter yelled back "in the same spot", the dealer said if you change your mind, ill be right here, I'll give you 500 cash for it!

I went back to the next show, still looking for grips, and he saw me and asked "if I had changed my mind?", all I did was shake my head no and say "my kids will sell it after I die, cause as long as I live, it'll be mine!"

I saw a 9mm bda at right to bear arms once, it had 1 mag and wood grips and had been ceracoated, they wanted 500!, never I repeat NEVER!!! buy a sig that's been refinished (at least the german made ones) so I passed (if its refinished, you cant tell if the rails are worn out!!!)

I called sig once about an order I placed online, and I told the person I owned 8 sigs, and one was bda 45, his first comment was "you lucky bastard, ive been lookin for one for years!", the next thig he asked was "want to sell it?", I posted a picture on a fb group for german sig fanatics within 20 mins I got a pm asking "how much?"

but to your question, I regret getting rid of 2 guns, one was my 357 magnum desert eagle (4 digit serial number 7888, so early import) and the other I regret now (and I didn't really regret it till about 5 years ago) was my colt anaconda, it was also a 4 digit sn, mm001179, I traded it and 20 bucks for a sig p239 (back in the mid 90's) the anaconda was a lemon, it was sent back to the factory 3 times for the same issue!!!!! colt couldn't fix it, so I took it to a gunshow and fixed it the old fashioned way, I traded it off!, and I didn't regret it till the anacondas hit the 1800 dollar mark, it didn't bother me when we sold one for 1500, at 1800 I got mad at myself, and the last one we sold was 2800.00 (now im really mad at myself!)

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    1) passed on a Browning HiPower and purchased a Taurus 92
    2) Colt HBar
    3) Ruger #1 7mm
    4) Colt Anaconda
    5) S&W 686 snub nose
    6) Winchester 9422 magnum
    7) Winchester 9422 .22lr

drm-hp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    M1A, Super Match
    LC Smith, Crown Grade
    LC Smith, Ideal Grade, Wildfowl (3")
    Custom Mauser, 9.3 Dakota
    Custom M-70, 404 Jeffery
    Dakota 76 African, 416 Rigby

Enough said, this is getting depressing!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    2.75" stainless Ruger Security Six .357 magnum...shot to point of aim with the rear sight set right in the middle. Traded it for something foolish on a whim...went back a week later to buy it back and it had sold that same morning...missed the FFL twice in the 3 days preceding the sale...defines the term 'regret'!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Can we mention shop finds we regret not jumping on?

A fair few years ago I was in a relatively small shop. They had a russian Tigr-7.62x54r (civilian SVD) for sale for $2200. I still cry myself to sleep at night that I didn't just put it on credit, as that same rifle is worth north of $10,000 currently...

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    1) I too regret trading off a BDA .45 in the late 80’s
    2) A Dan Wesson 4 barrel .357 pistol pack
    3.) A 4” nickel Colt Diamondback
    4.) A 4” nickel model 34
    5.) Several calibers of Remington Model 600. One was a .308 which was fantastically accurate.
    6.) One of the Browning .22 take down autos with a Leopold scope

I wish I could find a 3” model 65 just to see if it was something I ended up regretting getting rid of.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    One I regret selling was a Poly Tech AKS-223 fixed stock in like new condition.

One I regret not buying was an M16 from a friend that owned a gun and jewelry story in the Castleton mall back in 1976. He wanted $250 for it but I couldn't see having to pay the blackmail fee that almost doubled the price. DOH!!!!

Top Bottom