One of the reason's our country is going down the tubes.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    What a waste of flesh. These are the people Obama loves. They think the government owes them something, they depend on the government to support them.

Me, I want to punch him in the face, because hes a piece of crap not worth the air he breathes!

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    "I'm me. you know what I sayin'? I'm ME!"

classic.

I must say I was looking forward to judge judy tearing him a new one with her verdict, and the end made me :(

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No matter how much the government may try to interfere in the free market, there are market forces that simply cannot be nullified. One of those forces dictates that you get more of whatever you subsidize. For approximately 50 years we have been strongly subsidizing laziness, stupidity, and general worthlessness. I find it difficult to be surprised that our society is awash in laziness, stupidity, and general worthlessness.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    1. America is not going down the tubes.
    2. That is an egregious waste of taxpayer money.
    3. But so is corporate welfare.

I will agree on 2 out of the three. The idea that we are not in serious decline is a very hard sell here.

It is an egregious waste of taxpayer money.

I am not generally a fan of what would appear to be deflection by means of using a separate issue, but then again it isn't really separate considering that the only difference is the perceived 'respectability' of the recipients. The problem even bigger than the original problem in corporate welfare is that this is the one element that makes it impossible for small business to compete since they do not have in-house lobbying and panhandling departments. Without this, the local farmer would reign supreme in food production and smaller local manufacturers who are capable of much closer watch over their own businesses could compete very well as opposed to losing out as they have to compete not only with competitors but also the tax money that is given to the competitors favored by the .gov.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    There are a lot of people like this and they turn out to vote every 4 years. Recent elections would indicate a critical mass has been reached and if that is the case, we're out numbered and we're doomed. Entitlement has become a way of life for the majority. Just my opinion.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I will agree on 2 out of the three. The idea that we are not in serious decline is a very hard sell here.

I'll believe this when the Visigoths (or Canadians) attack from the north

It is an egregious waste of taxpayer money.

I am not generally a fan of what would appear to be deflection by means of using a separate issue, but then again it isn't really separate considering that the only difference is the perceived 'respectability' of the recipients. The problem even bigger than the original problem in corporate welfare is that this is the one element that makes it impossible for small business to compete since they do not have in-house lobbying and panhandling departments. Without this, the local farmer would reign supreme in food production and smaller local manufacturers who are capable of much closer watch over their own businesses could compete very well as opposed to losing out as they have to compete not only with competitors but also the tax money that is given to the competitors favored by the .gov.

I also believe that there is a place for gov't support of new, vital industries to help give them a leg up.

Hajisc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   1
    Oct 11, 2012
    Westville,In.
    There are too many people with this kind of attitude, they can justify it in their head that it's ok to receive money for nothing. They need to have steps in place every month for people to continue getting these handouts.
    Drug tests
    Lists of where they applied for work and proof.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I also believe that there is a place for gov't support of new, vital industries to help give them a leg up.

If an idea has merit, the profit motive will bring out all the financing it needs. None of the vital new industries that put us on the top of the world heap required .gov money to work.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As I remember it from interviews I've seen, Judge Judy is a typical, northeatern, liberal. She likely voted for candidates expressly that supported the legislation of which this guy is taking advantage. I admire the way she takes this guy to task for abusing the systems she likely supports. She is not a stupid person. So, it amazes me she does not see the connection between these programs and the victims they create.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Seriously? We've got people here defending corporate welfare? As though it doesn't produce the EXACT SAME RESULTS as those in the video?

Seriously?

:wallbash:

:faint:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There are too many people with this kind of attitude, they can justify it in their head that it's ok to receive money for nothing. They need to have steps in place every month for people to continue getting these handouts.
    Drug tests
    Lists of where they applied for work and proof.

I have a better idea. Handouts are ever going away, we need to deal with that reality. My plan allows people to eat out my pocket 5 years max, while they try to get on their feet and fing a job. If they don't find a job by the beginning of the 6th year, the checks stop coming in the mail. On that day, they will have a check waiting for them at a local office. Also waiting for them is a bus. That bus is going to take them for 8 hours of public works. Picking up trash, painting over graffiti, mowing lawns, and what ever else unskilled that needs to be done. You get your check after your weeks are completed (or 40 hrs/wk).2 weeks a month, that all I ask.... the FIRST year. The next year it goes up to 3, and the next 4. If they can't find a job by then well, I'll believe they've been looking.... but still, hop on the bus bud.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Some years back, some dim bulb got the idea to use the tax code for social engineering. Tax things you want less of, subsidize things you want more of. Gee, look what we're subsidizing here. Somehow, I don't think that the people that want more of this, want it for good reasons, at least good for us.

"Corporate welfare". I hear that term, what exactly does it mean? Giving a tax break to a corporation to settle in your tax jurisdiction? A bit smaller piece of a pie is better than no pie at all, and the corporation can find a friendly place to go. Sounds like a win-win. Am I missing something?

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    “The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Top Bottom