• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonkertb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Putnam County
    I'm planning a road trip to FL for a short vacation and will probably stop at a few gun shops while on the road...what is the law regarding a purchase of handgun and or long gun while travelling out of state?? I have a L to C.....looking for a Makarov w/o paying like I'm at Don's LOL

edit....opps....do I read right that I can purchase anything from a FLL dealer in person even if out of state???
    so...any recommended stops between Indy and Vero Beach FL :>)

thanks
    tom

Last edited:

exile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    I'm planning a road trip to FL for a short vacation and will probably stop at a few gun shops while on the road...what is the law regarding a purchase of handgun and or long gun while travelling out of state?? I have a L to C.....looking for a Makarov w/o paying like I'm at Don's LOL
    thanks
    tom

You can buy a long gun in most states that border IN,

You would have to have any handgun shipped back to a FFL in this state, no matter what other state you're buying it in.

Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast
    I found this on the web from a forum from 2008

Under federal law, you can buy a shotgun or rifle at a FFl Dealer in any state, following that federal and state laws.

Handguns may be purchased, but must be shipped back to a FFL dealer in your own state, and transferred to you via your home state law.

Top Bottom