• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Josh is 100%. On a similar note, people in Illinois have the right to carry guns, but their state has laws that illegitimately punishes them for excercising their innate human right if they get caught.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Let's get on with the open carry dinner/lucnh/breakfast. And let's decide when and where we are doing it and not where is a friendly location.

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    I don't know if my opinion is any good here since I live in Ohio.

We have similar issues in Ohio where people have been treated in a manner that was a lot worse than what the OP experienced. Read this thread.

Ohioans For Concealed Carry Discussion Forums • View topic - Northwood LEO breaks OC'ers D/L in half

I belong to Ohioans for Concealed Carry. In Ohio they do a lot to further the cause for law abiding citizens who wish to carry, and in many cases they can clear up a situation with phone calls. We had a member who had a brutal encounter in Northwood Ohio several weeks ago, in which calls and other communications were not effective. The leaders of OFCC have organized an Open Carry March, which we are actually doing tomorrow, that will take us past the Northwood Police station and City offices. The last count I heard is we will have 50 to 60 armed citizens attending, which will be followed by a lunch in a local restaurant. We have alerted the local press, media and anyone else who may help get the story out.

There's a lot more information in the thread above. I believe something organized in this manner will help educate the LE and officials in these communities.

Just my :twocents:. I hope I was able to help.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks for joining the conversation and welcome to the forums, dclaarjr.

I've mentioned in the past that one of major reasons why you guys got your license/permit to carry law was because of the organized open carry marches. The people who participated in those were heroes of your movement.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For what it's worth, the problems people face with open carry in Indiana are few and far between (assuming they're not otherwise acting badly). It just happens that Terre Haute in particular is different than most of the state. I've carried openly in places as far north as Ft. Wayne and as far south as the Indiana/Kentucky border (and in Kentucky as well, of course) without any problems.

The last time anyone even said anything to me was at a convenience store just south of Ft. Wayne. The clerk asked me if I was a truck driver, and when I told him no and asked why, he told me a lot of truckers in their area carry and more are starting to do openly. He thought it was a good idea.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The last time anyone even said anything to me was at a convenience store just south of Ft. Wayne. The clerk asked me if I was a truck driver, and when I told him no and asked why, he told me a lot of truckers in their area carry and more are starting to do openly. He thought it was a good idea.

My Fiancee used to do IT support for the biggest trucking company in Indiana. She learned some interesting facts, like how much a truck load of cigarettes is worth (retail price). If I were a truck driver, I'd be carrying too.

I love the new Lifetime permit, because you don't forget that yours is expiring in 4 years. If mine gets in before TH open carry, I might just have to drive over and Rock Out with my Glock Out.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It would be good to see you again after so long! You should try to come for the steel match. We had to R-HIT guys at the USPSA match today. One is a regular (notasoccermom) and one was his first time with us (you know him ... Don B's son).

Top Bottom