• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    While going through some old boxes of papers that my mother "saved" for me, I found my old hunter & boater education cards. These are the old blaze orange and blue cards and are dated 1982 & 83. I was 12 when I got the hunters and 13 for the boaters. It was one of the very few things worth keeping.

I've not taken any Indiana hunter or boater classes since then, not really had any reason to. Thought about seeing if I could use the old ones to get new updated certificates. I know things have changed quite a bit since then, but I don't think they ever expire to my knowledge. Even if I can't it's still a cool find.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I have mine, along with the hunter ed. cards from my twin son and daughter. I took them through the course when they were approximately 10 years old I think, they`re 36 now. I`ve got them around here somewhere.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can call DNR and get a new card. Once you pass the class and receive your card there is nothing needed to keep it up to date. Since you were born before '87, you aren't required to have a card or Hunter Ed number. The only reason you would need one would be to hunt out of state where you might be required to have a number.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom