• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Capture.JPG

I'm glad this isn't anything I'm in a hurry to get. Also, I never asked them to forward the package, so I'm not sure what the "forwarded" update is for. I tried to submit an inquiry through their website to ask what's going on, but it said I have to wait for so many days to go by with no update to tracking before I can even contact them about it.

Any ideas anyone?

Zexrain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2023
    FORT WAYNE.
    I would go ahead and contact them they are there to help. You could watch it go back and forth many times before calling. My guess is a label got damaged maybe.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I would go ahead and contact them they are there to help. You could watch it go back and forth many times before calling. My guess is a label got damaged maybe.
    How do I even contact them, though?

I've been through this routine before with USPS:

Try to email them = Their website doesn't provide an email address, and you can't submit their contact form because it needs a tracking number, and it won't accept a tracking number that has updates in the last so many days

Call their 800 number = Navigate a monstrous labyrinth of phone menus only to finally talk to someone in another country who just pulls up the tracking info and tells you what the last update was, and can't give you any more info

Call the local post office = they say it's at the distribution center and the local folks can't help you with it or access any more info

It seems to be this way with every shipping company these days.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I've had this happen to me twice. The first time it showed it bouncing between Indy/Anderson. I ended up catching my mail man and showed him. He called his supervisor the supervisor said it showed lost/missing on his end, and I never received that package. The second time it happened it bounced back and forth between Ohio/Indy for about a week then just kept saying it was in Ohio, but it was delivered. So who knows?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I am reminded of a quote that still rings true to this day. The most scariest phrase I am here from the Government and I am Here to Help.

Ronald Reagan.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Back in 2020 I had a package from a civil war artifacts shop in Gettysburg that kept going around and around and around for 4 days in Lancaster Pennsylvania at a USPS Sort hub. It took me getting a hold of the USPS Postal inspectors to finally figure out what the hell is going on.

Come to find out that when the artifact shop printed out the label and put it on the box they put it too close to the edge and the scanners on the belts could not scan it so it kept going around and around and around and not going anywhere it would show it being departing and then arriving then departing and then arriving. It was very annoying. But finally my 1880 Springfield trapdoor Calvary carbine arrived

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They are not smart enough to troll you.
    Dont use smartpost from whatever big name internet gun stuff company is in Missouri. (Brownells or Midway USA)
    If you choose smart post UPS drives your box THROUGH Indiana to Columbus, OH to give it to the USPS. Who then takes forever and a day to drive it back to Indiana. :facepalm:

If you had chosen UPS they'd drop it off in your city next day, usually delivered on the 2nd day.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I can say that there isn’t anyone at the usps that is “there to help “. Maybe blow you off, act as if you’re wasting their time, try to make you pay shipping again, or just not help at all maybe. But help? No. Usps is what you get when you let govt control a private sector program. It loses money, takes twice as long as any competitor and the employees could give two shits about customer service because their job doesn’t depend on it. “Help”. Ha!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I can say that there isn’t anyone at the usps that is “there to help “. Maybe blow you off, act as if you’re wasting their time, try to make you pay shipping again, or just not help at all maybe. But help? No. Usps is what you get when you let govt control a private sector program. It loses money, takes twice as long as any competitor and the employees could give two shits about customer service because their job doesn’t depend on it. “Help”. Ha!
    No doubt. I needed a "passport photo" for an ATF form. Stopped at the post office during posted passport hours and was told the one guy who does passports doesnt work that day, and nobody else would point the camera at my head and push the button because "Its not my job."

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    No doubt. I needed a "passport photo" for an ATF form. Stopped at the post office during posted passport hours and was told the one guy who does passports doesnt work that day, and nobody else would point the camera at my head and push the button because "Its not my job."
    Government work at it's finest

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    View attachment 298963

I'm glad this isn't anything I'm in a hurry to get. Also, I never asked them to forward the package, so I'm not sure what the "forwarded" update is for. I tried to submit an inquiry through their website to ask what's going on, but it said I have to wait for so many days to go by with no update to tracking before I can even contact them about it.

Any ideas anyone?
    A couple things happening here, none are good.

Facility 46242 is one of the sort facilities in Camby. I think it's the building next to the Distribution Center Annex but I'm not certain. This was on the 8th.

You have a forwarded on the 9th. That is a Post Office, it got mis-directed. They should have other scans to show the Post Office, they just hit the forwarded which doesn't show the ZIP.

Probably mis-directed in the B-Town area and the Arrived at B-Town Sort Facility scan didn't update on the 9th. That happens occasionally. Went back to the Annex in Indy. Depart Annex scan is a manifest scan, not an actual bar code scan.

Should be at your house tomorrow. I've seen worse.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and I had one shipment that made no less than 10 hops through the USPS in NJ before it finally started its trip across country. There were more hops to get to the semi depot than the entire rest of the trip.

Some hops were less than 2 miles between postal facilities in the same city.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Last week I got status updates from USPS that had times/dates that were in the future. Several years ago had one that was bouncing back and forth between OH and IL on its way to me here in IN, but yall got me beat with the above examples.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've gotten to the point that I just don't ship anything I sell in the classifieds anymore. It's not worth the headache and heartburn risk.

Few years back was the last time. Motorcycle helmet I sold to a very tolerant INGOer took three weeks to get from southern Indiana to northern IN. Spent all of that time stuck in that stupid Indy hub. My postmaster said she knew right where it was, but there was absolutely nothing she could do about it.

:xmad:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    If it didn't take a 4-6 state detour and is eventually delivered, then that is the height of efficient, effective service from the USPS.

Actually, I'd rather deal with weird detours and delays with USPS then UPS claiming they delivered something that they never did as has happened a couple times recently.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    If it didn't take a 4-6 state detour and is eventually delivered, then that is the height of efficient, effective service from the USPS.

Actually, I'd rather deal with weird detours and delays with USPS then UPS claiming they delivered something that they never did as has happened a couple times recently.
    I've actually had surprisingly good service from USPS on average. Even this time I really didn't have anything to complain about, I'd just never seen a package bounce back and forth from the same 2 locations like that, believe it or not. I was more amused than annoyed, TBH.

Luckily when the package you're waiting on is only 2 spare springs that you don't really need but just added to your order because they were the only springs you didn't have spares of already, and for some reason those 2 springs shipped by themselves apart from the rest of your order, you can afford to be simply amused, lol. :)

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I've actually had surprisingly good service from USPS on average. Even this time I really didn't have anything to complain about, I'd just never seen a package bounce back and forth from the same 2 locations like that, believe it or not. I was more amused than annoyed, TBH.

Luckily when the package you're waiting on is only 2 spare springs that you don't really need but just added to your order because they were the only springs you didn't have spares of already, and for some reason those 2 springs shipped by themselves apart from the rest of your order, you can afford to be simply amused, lol. :)
    I had a package recently that I shipped with USPS from Indy to eastern Arkansas. It made it to Memphis by the next day, then was in Pittsburgh two days later before being routed to Springfield, MO, then back to Indy before finally being delivered in Arkansas 9 business days after being shipped. Based on my experience, it may take a day or weeks with USPS but it almost always gets there, eventually.

Top Bottom