• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlVine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Owen Co.
    One of my LGS has AR magazines with a hand in the form of the large OK finger gesture printed on it for sale. The symbol has taken on a "white-power" meaning in recent years, so is there really a market for this? Are these being marketed by the anti-2A crowd? Being seen with this magazine seems like free negative publicity for gun owners and the 2A. Perhaps I am missing something, I am thinking items like these are a big disservice to the community.
    Some on the left are trying to make the symbol into something to do with white power, which is nonsense. It started with a joke on 4-Chan and the left overreacted and then started calling anyone they didn’t like, who was caught innocently making an OK sign, a white supremacist. Having it on the mags, or a t-shirt, or whatever is a way of fighting back. We shouldn’t let them get away with nonsense like this.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    OK hand sign is not racist and it was not invented as a secret signal for Nazis.

This was a 4chan troll op, a lot like the Pepe the Frog thing. They take something completely innocuous, troll the media it's white supremacy, then laugh their asses off when they turn on the news and see some journo falling for it and reporting it like it's true.

And it is, objectively, hilarious. The media is so gullible that a handful of 14-year-olds on a message board can make them think literally anything is racist.
    So why don’t they convince the media that Biden and Harris are KKK Grand Dragons? That would be epic trolling.

Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    Some on the left are trying to make the symbol into something to do with white power, which is nonsense. It started with a joke on 4-Chan and the left overreacted and then started calling anyone they didn’t like, who was caught innocently making an OK sign, a white supremacist. Having it on the mags, or a t-shirt, or whatever is a way of fighting back. We shouldn’t let them get away with nonsense like this.
    Whatever its origin, some white supremacist groups/people such as Brenton Tarrant (he is caught in at least one picture seemingly doing it) have accepted it as something worth doing, perhaps as a show of unity with "the cause". It is reasonable to expect that if I also do it, then people will think that I sympathize with him. I have friends from a variety of racial/ethnic/religious backgrounds including Muslim (target of Tarrant). I would expect at least some of them would think be offended by an "OK" T-shirt even though they know me better.

The Nazis appropriated the Swastika, an old Buddhist symbol as their own, and tainted it. I could wear a T-shirt with a Swastika and then try to explain to people that I don't agree with the Nazi nonsense and their use of the symbol, but that seems like a steep uphill climb.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Whatever its origin, some white supremacist groups/people such as Brenton Tarrant (he is caught in at least one picture seemingly doing it) have accepted it as something worth doing, perhaps as a show of unity with "the cause". It is reasonable to expect that if I also do it, then people will think that I sympathize with him. I have friends from a variety of racial/ethnic/religious backgrounds including Muslim (target of Tarrant). I would expect at least some of them would think be offended by an "OK" T-shirt even though they know me better.

The Nazis appropriated the Swastika, an old Buddhist symbol as their own, and tainted it. I could wear a T-shirt with a Swastika and then try to explain to people that I don't agree with the Nazi nonsense and their use of the symbol, but that seems like a steep uphill climb.
    I hope the color of your skin doesn't lead some people to believe you sympathize with white supremacists.

I refuse to abide by the "rules" as decided by half a nation full of cry babies who get out of bed every morning in search of something to be offended by or a new angle to claim victimhood. I have friends of all skin colors, if they were so petty as to jump on this type of BS they wouldn't be my friends. I have minimum standards of intelligence for the people I call friends.

AlVine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Owen Co.
    A very small group of leftists are trying to cause trouble. Letting them get away with it just encourages them.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It amazes me how they can take something so unassuming as the ok symbol and turn it political.
    Someone, somewhere is pulling on the puppet strings and laughing their asses off. They're probably having difficulty coming up with ever more ridiculous crap for the gullible to choke on.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom