• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    One of my LGS has AR magazines with a hand in the form of the large OK finger gesture printed on it for sale. The symbol has taken on a "white-power" meaning in recent years, so is there really a market for this? Are these being marketed by the anti-2A crowd? Being seen with this magazine seems like free negative publicity for gun owners and the 2A. Perhaps I am missing something, I am thinking items like these are a big disservice to the community.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    One of my LGS has AR magazines with a hand in the form of the large OK finger gesture printed on it for sale. The symbol has taken on a "white-power" meaning in recent years, so is there really a market for this? Are these being marketed by the anti-2A crowd? Being seen with this magazine seems like free negative publicity for gun owners and the 2A. Perhaps I am missing something, I am thinking items like these are a big disservice to the community.
    don't like it? don't buy it.
    Or maybe you should ask to speak with the manager. because how dare they.

Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    It is certainly used by everyone in a variety of contexts, but what would be the reason it's on an AR mag? Not obvious to me that it has a positive interpretation.
    I would take it as a mockery about that sign being used as a symbol for white supremacy. Like JTScribe posted, a group (4Chan) made it up as a joke and the media ran with it. Now anybody that the media does not like that is seen making that symbol, it is because they are a white supremacist. Just more non-sense from the democRATS.

If they were up for a decent price, I would buy them. If somebody wants to think I am a white supremacist because of that, I would not really care. They probably would think that I am one anyways, just because I own an AR.

Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    I agree it might be tempting to tell people MYOFB, but I think that part of my responsibility as a believer in 2A is to recruit people from the anti-2A crowd, and it might just be a bit harder to do that when displaying these mags. We have to take the media as it is, not as we wish it to be.

And picture a scenario where a (Caucasian) nutcase goes on a shooting rampage and is found to have these in his/her possession. The media visits an LGS where they are sold and it serves to paint everyone in the same negative light, it is hard for me to see this ending on a positive note. More fuel for the anti-2A.

Poncho53

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Hammond
    Am I the only one that remembers the grammar/high school game when you'd make that symbol and try to get someone to look and when they did, you punched them twice in the shoulder? Of course there were rules... the symbol had to be below the waist, you couldn't use props... The white supremacy "tie-in" is absolutely ridiculous

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I agree it might be tempting to tell people MYOFB, but I think that part of my responsibility as a believer in 2A is to recruit people from the anti-2A crowd, and it might just be a bit harder to do that when displaying these mags. We have to take the media as it is, not as we wish it to be.

And picture a scenario where a (Caucasian) nutcase goes on a shooting rampage and is found to have these in his/her possession. The media visits an LGS where they are sold and it serves to paint everyone in the same negative light, it is hard for me to see this ending on a positive note. More fuel for the anti-2A.
    I like you sir and I mean this with respect but if you think an OK symbol on an AR mag will be the Democuck's breaking point then you haven't been paying attention.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    If you are not a card carrying, woke democRAT, you will be labeled by the media as a white supremacist anyways. And giving in to all these silly instances from the RATS is why we now find ourselves pushed so far back into the corner. Take a stand and stop backing off, we don't have much more ground to lose.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

They already do this with AR-15s and AKs :dunno:

Gotta stay away from those barrel shrouds and the shoulder things that go up

Top Bottom