• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    If i am traveling into a not so nice part of town i will carry my G19 over my G27 (round capacity) and my s and w 642 in a galco ankle glove....

as far as the reason... there can be only one
    IN CASE THE FIRST ONE STOPS WORKING!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Pair and a spare when on duty! two when not, you know your having a bad day if your in a gun fight, Your having a really bad day if your in a gun fight and you dont have enough ammo or your gun dont work!!!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Reasons for carrying multiple guns:

1. Machines break. Nothing is perfect. If you need a gun, you need a gun and you need it right now, not when you can the one that just broke fixed.

2. If you do not have the use of your primary hand (which happens more frequently than people choose to believe), whether because of injury, body position, you are holding something else more important (like your child), then you need to be able to access a gun with your other hand. Some people can access strong side carry by reaching behind their back or in front, but no one can do that as quickly and as efficiently as they can a second or third gun that is easily accessible to their other hand.

There are other reasons. #2 above should be enough justification for anyone.

Given all of that, no one needs justification. If you choose to carry multiple guns, then your simple choice is adequate with no need for further analysis unless you choose to "share."

I'll also add that deploying and using a second gun isn't as simple as some would believe. If you choose to carry more than one, you need to 1) practice with them all in the same configuration that you carry them, and 2) make some decisions ahead of time about some unique logistics issues. For instance, what do you do with a gun in your primary hand that chokes, you can't fix it quickly (like a revolver whose cylinder seizes), then what do you do with that gun a) as you acquire the other, and b) while you're shooting the other? It's not rocket science, but it's also not something you should try to figure out when someone is shooting at you or trying to stab you.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I do at times. Winter time .45 owb at 3:00, hard to get to with a coat on. Therefore SW 642 in right hand coat pocket. Also when ever I go to Indy I carry the 642 in left hand pocket for a back-up.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I did today.

Only because I nearly ALWAYS have the P3AT in the back pocket. Today, after already dressed and leaving, the big-o baggy shirt afforded room for the Sig, also.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I had a knife, too?!? Does that help? ;)

Big Swamp Rat - Rat Trap.

SwampRat-RatTrap-09.jpg

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    ....:popcorn:

Reasons?

just curious... why did you say "fess up".... that implies that its a bad thing to carry two no? then the popcorn eating smiley makes me think that you thought this would turn into an argument... just wondering.... is there a section of gun owners that look down on carrying a BUG?

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    just curious... why did you say "fess up".... that implies that its a bad thing to carry two no? then the popcorn eating smiley makes me think that you thought this would turn into an argument... just wondering.... is there a section of gun owners that look down on carrying a BUG?

Why not? I thought it would be a good discussion...could be pro and con.
    You say "implies" it only implies what you perceive, it can also imply that multiple gun carriers have one up (no pun intended) on others who only carry a single firearm.

If there is a section of gun owners who look down on it maybe we'll here from them.

Mikeg23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    I used to carry on the belt strong side and in the pocket weak side. This allowed me to draw with either hand (notice i said either not both). Also if I am wearing a winter coat I can still draw from my jeans pocket.

After a while I liked having my Kahr p9 covert in my pocket so much that I quit carring the Glock 23 on my hip. :dunno:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Always. Primary on my strong side, and BUG on the weak side. Another advantage to carrying a BUG in your weak side front pocket - you can have your hand in your pocket, on your gun, and no one knows better.

Top Bottom