Not open for further replies.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    3 days and 9 furniture shops later, my wife ordered 4 new pieces of living room furniture to replace 3 pieces we now have.
    I thought we could go on another 10 yrs. with what we've had for 15 yrs. :laugh:
    Of course, she didn't ask. :dunno:
    We have a small kitchen remodel (countertops, new sink & an upper cabinet) that an old friend of mine & I are going to do later this month (I'm the helper just like 25 yrs. ago when I worked with him in the summers).
    I warned him I could only work for 15 minutes, then had to rest 15 minutes, so he's not going to be pleased with how old I've become. :fogey:
    I also told him after 2 hours, I'm done for the day. :laugh:
    It's going to be a very long day, maybe 1.5 days b/c of me. :oldwise:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Perhaps my proudest moment in mechanical stuff was when I had a 73 Nova SS. I had the tranny replaced, but volunteered to do the shifter and linkage (4 speed manual) myself. Did it in a gravel driveway. I strictly eyeballed it - looked at the old linkage to see where the nuts were, then just "remembered" where they were when I put on the new piece. Worked pefectly on the first try! But I was in my early 20's (almost 40 years ago), so I was more ambitious.

Countless hours on our backs in the gravel.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have to go in early tomorrow. We have a staff meeting at 8 on our first day back after doctor's week off.

And...we start winter hours so now Thursday will be a full day. Maybe he will tell me tomorrow what days he wants me to work...otherwise, I guess I just keep working every day the office is open like I have been.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    We may have relieved a piece or 2 from a local construction project somewhere across the path well traveled.

Heathen!

Pretty sure my first chunk was the lid of some sort of shipping box. Probably no bigger than 3'x4'. I think after that I bought a piece of 15/32, or whatever was cheap, CDX that I'm confident is still in Dad's [STRIKE]junk pile[/STRIKE] lumber pile, despite looking like someone murdered a bulldozer on top of it, and all the chunks missing, and dents from the jack, and probably a good bit of blood.

Note to others: NEVER use OSB... Splinter hell awaits those who dare trespass within.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom