• ...and so much more!
  • zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    im thinking about Haubstaut. Been to Terre haute a couple times already this year. If I do I’ll be easy to spot. Bright blue shirt that says
    CJ is better
    (fight me)

would love to see the 30 take the win and the ten thousand dollar check home to greenfield. But would be happy with anyone but a NOS car winning lol.

Anyone making it to Terre Haute or Haubstaut this weekend for USAC?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I should be at these two USAC National Sprint Car races hanging out with and helping my buddy Davey Ray driving the 14AJ FattFro Zone sprint car. This driver and team have won 5 features up at Wilmot (WI) this season but are dropping a 410 in to go run with the big dogs. The image is Davey up at Wilmot before his last win; his name is on the car now (sharing driving duties with B.G. Wood).

Sep 25Gas City I-69 SpeedwayGas City, INTickets
    Sep 26Kokomo SpeedwayKokomo, INTickets

Attachments

• IMG_4745.jpg
      IMG_4745.jpg
      168.7 KB · Views: 6
    Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    two good tracks to go to for sure. Was at gas city for sprint week. Missed Kokomo this year so may go next weekend.

I should be at these two USAC National Sprint Car races hanging out with and helping my buddy Davey Ray driving the 14AJ FattFro Zone sprint car. This driver and team have won 5 features up at Wilmot (WI) this season but are dropping a 410 in to go run with the big dogs. The image is Davey up at Wilmot before his last win; his name is on the car now (sharing driving duties with B.G. Wood).

Sep 25Gas City I-69 SpeedwayGas City, INTickets
    Sep 26Kokomo SpeedwayKokomo, INTickets

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    FloRacing continues to be among the best $150 I've ever spent!

AUSTIN, Texas (December 15, 2020) FloSports, a leading sports streaming and original content network, today announced the platform’s first-ever midweek motorsports racing series, the Castrol® FloRacing Night In America, featuring the stars of the Dirt Late Model division competing in up to 10 races scheduled to run from March through October 2021. All events on this exciting midweek series — beginning with the opener on Thurs., March 25, at 411 Motor Speedway in Seymour, Tenn. — will be streamed live and on-demand only on FloRacing, the industry-leading grassroots motorsports digital-only platform.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I'm excited to see a new dirt venue debuting in central Indiana in 2021. Circle City Raceway at the Marion County Fairgrounds.

USAC and All Stars saints and USAC midgets will be racing there this year. I hope the promoters will be abl to provide a great racing surface in their first season. Hopefully this will become a fixture on the schedule for many national dirt series.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    I'm excited to see a new dirt venue debuting in central Indiana in 2021. Circle City Raceway at the Marion County Fairgrounds.

USAC and All Stars saints and USAC midgets will be racing there this year. I hope the promoters will be abl to provide a great racing surface in their first season. Hopefully this will become a fixture on the schedule for many national dirt series.

Agreed! Can't wait to check it out!

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    totally agree. Marking calendars now and trying to make plans for the season. Hoping to get to 20-25 of the races this year with trips to Florida and hopefully out west to end season. New tracks are always welcome. The more races the better.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    totally agree. Marking calendars now and trying to make plans for the season. Hoping to get to 20-25 of the races this year with trips to Florida and hopefully out west to end season. New tracks are always welcome. The more races the better.

Same here....COVID barring hoping to get out East for a few races during Pennsylvania Speedweeks at tracks like Lincoln, Port Royal and Williams Groove. Also still debating heading to Volunteer Speedway in Tennessee after Christmas for late models race.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I just saw this thread. I was a bit of a driver back 25ish years ago. I raced at Putnamville in a modified for 3 years then took a year off and built a dirt late model (and a house). I ran Brownstown pretty regular for the next 4 years. Kinda gave up after having to admit that I wasn’t good enough to run with the top guys at the time. I did okay as long as it was strictly the locals but once the big teams came to town, I never made a race! I loved every second on the track but the money and work keeping up the car nearly broke us.
    I do remember one night Tony Stewart came out to drive one of CJ Rayburn’s cars. Supposedly he’d never been in the car driving nor had he been on the track. He broke the qualifying track record that night. I found it hard to believe he’d never been in the car or on the track but that was the story at the time. I was never a Tony fan but if the story is true, that is a serious jump in level of talent over the locals like me.
    Only been back to Putnamville once since I quit. It really gets in your blood and I was scared if I went back too often I would have to jump back in.

Matt

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    What tracks outside of Indiana has everyone been too? Any reviews?

Eldora! Can’t speak from spectator perspective but I loved running there.
    I can’t remember the name of it but over in Danville IL was a good track to go to.
    Volusia County in Florida was a great venue.
    Unfortunately the last time I was at any of these was in the late ‘90s.

Matt

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Eldora! Can’t speak from spectator perspective but I loved running there.
    I can’t remember the name of it but over in Danville IL was a good track to go to.
    Volusia County in Florida was a great venue.
    Unfortunately the last time I was at any of these was in the late ‘90s.

Matt

I believe the track in Danville, IL is just called Danville. Maybe not, but that’s what we always called it. Dad and my uncle ran their modifieds there a few times when they had the big events. Had a $10,000 to win race uncle was leading almost entire race, got a flat left front and they made him go into pits.

Tracks outside Indiana I’ve been to are

Danville, IL

Used to be a track called red hill in Illinois. Went there a lot.

Kentucky lake.

Eldora.

Oakshade

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Back in the late 80s I think I played golf in Indy with a group of Aussies who were here on vacation. I think there were 8 of them. They rented two cars and went around playing golf in the daytime and went to races at night. They had SIX weeks of vacation and planned to hit every track they could between Ohio and Iowa. What a great vacation!

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Back when I was running the dirt late model there was the UMP summernationals tour. It was about 5 straight weeks of racing, I think 4-5 nights per week. I always wanted to run the whole tour but I never had enough $$$ or vacation time from work. I thought it would be a blast to just race and travel to different tracks every day.

Matt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Chili Bowl starts tonight gang!!!! :buddies:

Been watching the Wild West Shootout on Flo the past couple of nights. That's a cool event out in Arizona if anyone gets a chance to get out West.

Top Bottom